Photo

Top 10 Stupidest Comments

• Please log in to reply
795 replies to this topic

#46 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2003 - 09:37 AM

Okay, my husband doesn't know about my past...but he said something really stupid when there was a rape scene in a movie:
"If someone dresses like that, she just asked for it"

I thought I choked. I asked him if he was nuts, crazy insane and what the F**k he was thinking by saying such a horrible thing. He shrugged and said that I overreacted...it was just a joke...Well, I thought I exploded and walked away yelling..."Even if she was naked...no-one...no-one has the right to rape her!!!" That was when I knew I should not tell him ever.

Uh....he is really sweet...but he is male!!!
Charly

#47 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2003 - 06:35 AM

(((((((EquaWaya)))))))

I can't believe that T... Sheesh, I wouldn't see him anymore if I were you. It doesn't matter if they used their p*n*s or not, it was still rape. That man was completely clueless.

(((((((Lynn))))))))

If she'd rather forget about it, then tell her to come over and fix a chinese dinner together, that would make everything better. ;)

#48 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2003 - 01:08 AM

(((Lora)))
good, he doesnt deserve to have you in his presence.
people in such positions should know better.  but alas, no one is immune from fuckwit syndrome.

#49 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2003 - 01:36 AM

Yep! Those were his exact words too! Sounds like a wonderful guy, doesn't he????????????  Just thinking about him saying that makes me want to vomit!

#50 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2002 - 09:56 PM

Why don't we just wear towels over our face so no one will know we are female.

Nat

#51 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2002 - 12:24 PM

Well said Em. How much time do you think it would take to educate these complete fuckwits????????

#52 Guest_lea_*

Guest_lea_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2002 - 10:23 AM

Can I just say to everyone that I'm glad you like the knitting-incident. I find it rather quaint myself. And for the record, I never did take up the art of fashioning bulky ill-fitting jumpers. Mr Moron is happily sitting in the middle of a scene, in the middle of a chapter somewhere on my computer....I guess I feel more comfortable with a pen in my hand, than an oversized plastic needle...

Love Lea.

#53 NotYetHealed

NotYetHealed

Posted 22 December 2002 - 05:07 PM

***Mistake Alert***

I just got off the phone with my sister who I confided in for the first time today. Her response ~ "well, Lisa, we all make mistakes in our choices in men ~ obviously you made a poor one.  You should have seen that one coming a mile away". WTF!

Lisa

#54 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2003 - 12:09 PM

amy- ouch.  That had to hurt comming from your Mom and your husband.  I hope that you have other supportive people around you.

#55 Elle

Elle

Posted 24 February 2003 - 02:19 PM

This thread has me aghast, alternating between nervous giggles (thanks Art) and jaw-on-the-floor incredulousness. People are so #### stupid. I'm sorry you all have heard those un-freaking-believably asinine comments.

Given that I've willingly disclosed to so very few people, I don't have such whoppers to share. However I have a couple, plus this post will lead to the all-important RED DOT! So here goes...

From a former therapist, after I said that in the months after being raped I was afraid of running into the perp: "You were afraid? Why?" (This was not in an explore your feelings kind of way but out of genuine confusion that I might still be afraid of that man. Ohhkay! Time for a new T!)

From a boyfriend: "You just use that rape stuff to avoid sex with me." (Yes darling, the world revolves around your sex drive. I just make this stuff up as an excuse.)

From another boyfriend: "Are you sure you didn't just regret it in the morning? I don't know any guys who are, you know, rapists." (Well, idiot, I didn't know he was a rapist when I first met him either.)

Another friend once referred to the rape as "when you were with [so and so]." As if we were dating or something! Oy.

Oh, Anna, I got a karma comment once too, and that one was that not only did I deserve what happened then, I still deserved more, and surely would suffer it again. I still can't believe the cruelty of that one.

L

(Edited by Elle at 3:28 pm on Feb. 24, 2003)

#56 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2003 - 09:06 PM

((((((((((Thelastunicorn))))))))))) and to ((((((Everyone here)))))))))) I am so sorry people can be so mean.  

Me: my boyfriend raped me.

My now ex-friend:  A boyfriend CAN'T rape you.

Oh, good I thought I had been raped when I begged him not to have sex with me and cried as he did it.  People are so unbelievable.  I can't believe people don't know a boyfrind or husband can rape you.

((((((Dani))))) I have had that excuse too.  Opps!! it went in the wrong hole.  That hurt soooo much.  I will never forget the pain.

Take care everyone.

Casper

(Edited by casper at 9:27 pm on April 20, 2003)

#57 mouseisa

mouseisa
  • Sweet Whispers

Posted 01 July 2002 - 02:45 AM

The stupidest comment I can remember was from a psychologist I saw when I first started to remember the abuse... I tried really hard to explain to her how depressed and out of control I was... Her response to me was:

"I don't understand why you think you're so depressed and suicidal - Depressed people don't wear make-up so I don't believe you can be all THAT depressed"... "Why not go and buy some pretty paper-clips to make yourself feel better"...

WTF????  :shocked: :shocked:

The really stupid thing is I kept on seeing her until I really did "lose it" and I landed myself in a psych hospital for almost two months where I learned that make-up can be a mask for a lot of things, not instant "happiness...

Great post... :)

Mouseisa

(Edited by mouseisa at 5:32 pm on July 2, 2002)

#58 Guest_Em_*

Guest_Em_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2002 - 12:07 PM

Ah, marriage, knitting, and orthodoxy..the solutions to all our problems. In fuckwit-land, perhaps.

Westermaid - welcome to the board!

:)

Emma

#59 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2002 - 04:34 PM

One of the times I was talking to my counselor at school (after he knew what happened), he pointed out that it could happen anywhere, that I "could get dragged into a bathroom here at school and r*ped there".. EEEK! Needless to say, I started steering clear of bathrooms, esp. after I found a creep in one.. *sighs*

And there's the time I explained to a friend that I was uncomfortable with how touchy-feely my orchestra teacher was and he tells me I'm making too big a deal out of it..

#60 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2002 - 07:07 AM

Grey,
I understand where your coming from.  It's like if you do something drastic in front of someone (like say, escape from a locked metal box while blindfolded with your hands tied behind your back or something equally Houdini-like), and the person just shrugs and walks away.  An ex-boyfriend did that once, and he was a little self-centered, but not everyone is.  The person you told might just not have known how to deal with it.  
But explainations aside, it still makes one feel a little unnoticed....
Hugs to you, if it's OK...:)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.