Photo

Top 10 Stupidest Comments

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2002 - 09:57 AM

Oh another one...this time from my little sister (who doesn't know about me though...I had planned on telling her the weekend before she made that comment...needless to say, I didn't do it then :oP)

A little explanation before: She's 18 and when her boyfriend visits, my parents still make them sleep in different rooms (I know, crazy, they were not that weird ehen I was living there and making sure they used their brains :oP)
Anyway, I was telling her to please get on the pill as some weeks ago their condom broke and I jokingly asked "How would you explain to Ma that you got pregnant sleeping in different rooms?" to which she replied:
"Oh I could just say I have been raped"

Yeppers girl, this is exactly the kind of thing you "just say"...though I am glad she doesn't have to know better...

Art

#17 Guest_golden lady_*

Guest_golden lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2002 - 07:35 PM

I've been reading this thread for a while, thinking how fortunate I have been that nobody has made stupid comments at me. But I realized that the one stupid comment came from my father, when I confronted him about what he had done to me all those years ago:

"You mean, you and I -- we had a thing together?"

Not exactly. Not even close.

Barbara

#18 Kylia2320

Kylia2320
  • ...just breathe...

Posted 09 February 2003 - 10:56 PM

<font face="Georgia" size="2">Okay, I have to share, because as shocked and hurt as I am by this, it's halfway to funny.

I do some work for a professor here on campus. As things were getting majorly crazy right at the end of last semester, I kind of disappeared from classes and work. All my prof.s knew SOMETHING was going on, but not exactly what. So on Thursday I went in to get started for this semester, and explain my absence last semester. Mind you, this prof. is old, from another country, and VERY set in his ways. He also, did not mean this to be directed at ME really, but still.

So, I told him that last semester I disappeared because I was raped and subsequently got the rapist kicked out of school. And he goes *ahem* ;) :

"I can't believe it, I hate to hear about this kind of thing; but I have to say the women's liberation movement is at least partially to blame, and sometimes so is the girl, for acting a certain way."

OHmyGOODNESS!! I can't believe people still think like this.</font>

#19 Guest_golden lady_*

Guest_golden lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:07 PM

Shell, next time he asks, "how long are you going to think about that crap?" tell him until he learns to be supportive and help you to get through it.

Barbara

(Edited by golden lady at 6:12 pm on Mar. 11, 2003)

#20 Artemis

Artemis
  • scarred, but not scared anymore

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:05 AM

Haha, I got another one:

I was at my Doctor's (a very weird woman who I only see when I need her to state I was sick and couldn't go to uni...which normally only happens at the beginning of a semester when I need to justify why I wasn't there for the 1st session to prevent myself from not getting into the course)
So I had a cold and a slight ear infection, nothing bad but enough for a note for a week (she actually asked if one week was enough hehe)
As I was already at a doc's I figured I could ask her for a sleeping pill script as i don't want to look stupid renewing it at the same doc's all the time.

She asked me if I still had sleeping problems and that freaked me out a bit b/c I thought I had only been there with exaggerated colds or migraines but apprently I must have told her about a year ago or so.

She then said it looked like a depression to which I just said I was already diagnosed w/ that and that I'm in treatment and she asked if I knew where this came from.
I made the BIG mistake of saying that I have been raped (don't know why...I guess just because I can) which lead to a lot of nonsensical questions and even more nonsensical statements which unfortunately were too weird to keep them all in mind for your amusement.
She asked if it was a stranger or someone I knew and as it was the latter couldn't understand that I hadn't seen it coming (and doubted that as I already knew him there was no sexual interest on my side) and that of course if he couldn't get sex from me he thought he'd just need violence (gee, isn't that the most normal thing in the world???).
She asked what my therapist thought about it (if it was really rape - as we all know if it's not a stranger in the park it isn't right :oP) I had some evil fun telling her some details and asking if that wasn't pretty obvious after which she came to the conclusion "Alright, then it was real rape"
She wasn't finished yet though, but after a while I said that was something I'd rather discuss with someone who has a clue what they are talking about :oP
(I was actually tempted to ask her if she thought knitting would help, but was afraid she'd seriously answer) I did get the form in the end, but instead of a cold she diagnosed me with slight depression, generalised anxiety disorder and sleeping disorders not otherwise specified...and of course I should come back if I need help. Good to know you're in the hands of an expert :oP

It only hit me when I got out and lit a cigarette, still chuckling, how devastating this could have been for someone else...or me a few months ago, but right now I just find it hilarious. hope you get a laugh out of it too :o)

Art

#21 auditorium

auditorium
  • Rock it to the end.

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:49 PM

Me and my friend had the same think on a tank and shorts we were outside with 2 other guys who our like brothers to us and she goes you dont need to be wearing that and i go you have the same thing on an then she says well people know all about you and know im not like that it made me MAD!

#22 Guest_lea_*

Guest_lea_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2002 - 08:07 AM

(( Liadan ))

I accused my dad of abusing me (probably not a good idea at the dinner table), all #### breaks loose (plates sliding, chairs crashing over, the usual sort of thing when two people are trying to hit each other over steak and chips), we roll on the floor and I get a punch smack in the middle of my nose, which begins to bleed furiously.

My mother to me: ' you're your own worst enemy love'.

?!!!

Love  Lea.

#23 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2002 - 01:22 PM

Unfortunately, I've got stupid friends too.  Well, stupid former friends.  I told two of my friends about my SA which happened on a date with a guy from Colombia.  My friends told me that I should know that latin men, from other countries no less, don't know that some American women actually mean no when they say no.  They laughed at me, and informed me that if I didn't want to have sex with a latin guy I shouldn't go home with him.  

I was completely in shock.  We were at a bar & I had been trying to quietly tell this one friend that I would tell her about my date later, and then she forced me into discussing it. And when I did, they erupted in laughter & shock that I wouldn't know what to them was a simple fact.  And then I erupted.  I think everyone at the bar heard me say that no means no & it doesn't matter what fucking country anyone is from.  Then I walked home.

Reoh

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2002 - 01:04 PM

Oh, rhiannon...That one blows goats...((((((((hugs))))))))...
Like we don't say that to ourselves enough...
Here's to finding more THINKING people in the world...
Love, Heather.

#25 Crystal

Crystal
  • Diet Coke Addict

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:45 AM

Relative debating sending one of the kids down to the store in a not so great neighborhood:

"Send her, she won't mind, she's already tainted."

#26 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2003 - 07:14 AM

Gotta love the experts. ;)

I was talking to a friend of mine, really nice guy, but completely clueless. I told him about it, and he gave me (sarcasm on) the BEST advice EVER! (sarcasm off) he said "That's really bad, but you should just forget it now. You have Jared now." I know he was trying to be helpful, but really, how clueless can you get? (sarcasm back on) I mean, forgetting is just SOOOOO easy. All you have to do is cook some chinese, and then knit a sweater, and then you won't remember a thing! (sarcasm off) I really am over here laughing my @$$ off over this. ;)

#27 Lora

Lora
  • Not just "what's left of" anymore

Posted 06 June 2003 - 03:08 PM

A close male friend and I went in to talk with my pastor to find out why he essentially (but politely, of course) refused to help me at all when I first called him and told him what had happened and wanted to see if he could recommend a therapist or something.  His first stupid unbelievable comment was to me on the phone telling me that if I had really wanted help I should have reported it to the police.  His second stupid comment -- to both G. and I -- was that he reacted that way because he thought maybe I just got myself into a situation that got out of hand, that if I had REALLY been raped, I would have reported it.

(Yeah,right... submit myself to hours of horrible questions from police that would have resulted in nothing anyway since all I saw was his shirt, his knife, and his d*ck...)

No, I have not been back to this idiot's church, and have no plans to ever go back.

Lora

#28 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2002 - 08:20 AM

Alexandra hugs hon.  It is funny how people really think you can always control you depressive episodes isn't it?

Around this past holiday season between Holloween and Christmas I sunk really low.  For the first time I even had a few thoughts of suicide (only I was too depressed to even carry out a plain because when I am depressed I often withdrawl and sleep away life.)  

Well my sister, out of "concern" for my children, decided to call a family meeting and inform me that she would be taking my kids if I didn't snap out of it.  

While the meeting did prompt me to seek help, she constantly complained that I was not comming out of it fast enough.  

She has no tolerence for depression which is funny when you think about the fact that every member of my family is on depression medication (chemical imbalance in our family history).  

Granted my episodes have been more extreame but, she didn't have all the same bad experiences.  To her depression is a character flaw.

Hugs again,
Mother

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2002 - 09:37 AM

Hope it's OK if I jump in here....
When I told this one guy (I thought the sun rose and set on this man, until he said this) about two separate incidences from when I was a kid, he put one hand on my shoulder, and said in a gentle tone "You know, I think you would be safer if you were a lesbian."  I just shook my head slightly and walked away.

#30 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2002 - 03:01 AM

I got "it could have been worse"

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.