A question

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2002 - 01:28 PM

((Natster))

Ok, I'm opting not to read anyone else's post so I can get a higher score on originality. ;)  The truth be told, I think this is incredibly thought provoking & I don't want to be influenced by anyone else.  Anyway...

I think courage is many things.  I don't even think it's generic enough to be the same to everyone.  I think we measure it differently based upon whatever we are facing.  It may not seem so courageous to climb a mountain if that is what you do for a living, but to someone afraid of heights, it shows great courage.

I think what is most impt is to measure YOUR own courage by YOUR own standard & never make comparisons to another.  Courage is something people often envy.  Some people may never really have it.  Courage is living everyday.  YOU, my friend, are courageous.  You have shown that time & time again.  The more I get to know you, the more I see through that courage, even when you don't.

I love you,
Jackster :)

#17 Guest_Em_*

Guest_Em_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2002 - 10:46 AM

Can I move this to 'wonderful threads' all posters here? I think it's a beautiful thread.

:)

Emma

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2003 - 02:22 PM

I think courage comes from the ability to recognize our fears and to act in spite of them.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.