Photo

What is here for YOU.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 02:01 PM

Alex, sometimes we see what we need to see.  I LOVE art, so I saw what Lou did.  But other pieces?  take for example..i went to Washington DCs art museum and there was a picture of the baby christ and mary.  my friend was awed by it.  the baby was reaching out to his mother..what did i say?  "Got milk?"  so beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  sometimes we "get it" other times ::shrug::

i tend to look TOO deeply into things if its any consolation :)

Kelly

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 02:36 PM

(((Louise)))

The picture is beautiful and definitely symbolizes what I feel here. Your words though are even more beautiful.

Cheers to Lou for always having a way with words! You say things like no one else does.

Love you,
Michelle

#33 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 02:41 PM

Love you, Lou.  

((((safe hugs))))

Tasha

#34 Jes

Jes
  • Jes-us Almost

• Administrator

Posted 19 March 2002 - 05:39 AM

I love that painting, too, Louise.  

Hugs,

Jes

#35 Kitten

Kitten
  • Sweet and Gentle Manic Fluff

Posted 06 January 2003 - 03:07 PM

I can't believe I've never seen this post before!!  I read everything!! :)

It truly is a beautiful painting, but your words mean so much more Louise.  I love the way they are all reaching out to her, giving her the things she needs.

Claire
XXX

#36 NotYetHealed

NotYetHealed

Posted 08 February 2003 - 07:59 AM

(((((Lou)))))

How in the world I missed this I'll never know ~ but I was blessed enough to find it this morning!  It is absolutely beautiful.  Although it had me in tears, they were good, validating, cleansing tears.  it's so comforting to know that I have this safe, nurturing place, where I always feel those gently outstretched arms of each of you strong, beautiful survivors.  Thank you, Lou, for this lovely post and to each and every one you here for your unfailing, unconditional support.  

Much love,
Lisa

#37 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2003 - 04:19 PM

That picture is so beautiful and depicts the beauty of spirit and the love and sincerity and comfort and compassion and empathy that are shown here in this forum.

You all make it what it is.  Thanks to all of you.  I didn't begin to heal, and it wouldn't have been possible without places like this.
Hugs and love to all of you -- I love you all -- Lee
P.S. I am copying that picture and putting it somewhere where it can remind me of the love I receive here.  

#38 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 01:27 PM

(((((((((Lou)))))))))))

Thanks sweetie.

:)

Aoife

#39 Louise

Louise
  • Kicking arsenic

• Administrator

Posted 18 March 2002 - 02:30 PM

Oh, yep Elle...I thought of that after..lol...naturally w'd all have clothes on. But yes, I think the metaphor of openness is a lovely one.

((((Alex))))) darling I wouldn't have had a clue what the picture meant if I didn't have a book....

Love

Lou xxxxx

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 03:08 PM

((((((((Louise))))))))))

Just...thank you...that's all I can say right now...

I have neither words nor the talent of painting to express what I'd like to say...so again...thank you so much...

Artemis

#41 Louise

Louise
  • Kicking arsenic

• Administrator

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:40 PM

(((((((Asuka))))))))

Welcome, sweetie - it will be an honour to support you on your journey

Hugs

Louise xxx

#42 ForeverDancer

ForeverDancer
  • Am I glad to see you! It's more friendly with two.

Posted 16 June 2003 - 01:21 AM

thank you, i am in tears, the kindness and compassion of everyone here is so touching, the picture is so beautiful...

#43 Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:03 PM

Hello girls~
  My rape was premeditated.   My mom was having surgery that night and she left me in the care of her boyfriend at the time.  On the way back from visiting her at the hospital he stopped and bought alcohol.  He wanted us to get drunk together...  I was a stupid naive twelve year old, and it was my frist drink, but he said that since I had had one drink that I had to keep drinking...  so I did.   And thats when he raped me.  He plotted the whole thing out...  He knew exactly what he was going to do.  He had even done it to his own daughters I found out later.  That would have been nice to know before!  But yeah, I do agree that with it being premeditated it is harder to deal with, to know that he purposely did this to purposely cause pain for me.  I trusted him, and he raped me.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.