What is here for YOU.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:01 AM

Wow.
So what I needed. That is so touching, tears come to my eyes, and that is a daunting feat!
This place is most certainly a blessing, I am so happy to have found it and really, don't know what I would do if I hadn't.
I also often feel I still deserve the blame,I knew him, I knew what was going on, he said I wanted it, and I was too hot, too sexy to not, I invited it, and..... that I should be so over it by now.
I need those reminders that it wasn't my fault, as painful as it can be.
Knowing that there are people who care, comfort, and support, and truly understand is so reassuring and wonderful.
Thank you so much.
**safe grateful hugs**

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 01:17 PM

(((((((sweet sweet lou)))))))

*tears*

thank you.  all the love and validation you expressed here, is what i feel in turn for you and every other spectacular soul of this family.  
(but ####, if you have to find my tears?! ;) )

((((gentle loving safe hugs)))) for you lou, and for everyone!

love,
susi

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 01:29 PM

(((((Lou))))) you are a true goddess!! i know all about greek mythology and that bastard zeus.  but that picture...you're so right.  it does sum up everything about this board!!!

thanks for sharing it and tahnks to Alex for putting it on her site!

Kelly

#19 nature_mommy

nature_mommy

Posted 18 March 2002 - 01:44 PM

((((((((everyone)))))))))
this just made me cry, thank you so much for sharing this it is so beautiful.
wow i really feel a part of everything now..
thank you

#20 Elle

Elle

Posted 18 March 2002 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Louise. I was going to say something about do we all really have to be naked - but then I guess it could be a metaphor for being totally open and honest with each other, rather than literal nudity. I mean, not that I'm opposed to being naked but I am a bit shy...

Elle

(Edited by Elle at 3:23 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)

#21 Guest_Little Sunshine_*

Guest_Little Sunshine_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 02:37 PM

((((((Lou)))))))

I received this once from you when I was hurting so much. I never stop looking at it, as it brings some comfort to my soul.

Thanks for being so wonderful. I love you.

Little Sunshine

#22 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 02:40 PM

(((elle))) i guess you spoke what many of us were thinking.  to be honest, when i first saw the photo, my first response was fear.  exposure, vulnerability.  then i went back seconds later after reading lou's entire post.

it's all different when you are surrounded by safety and understanding.  ....but i'm still wearing my clothes! ;)

and btw, i was wondering if lou was allowed to make so many of us cry like that????;)  however, i suppose she was ALLOWING us to shed the good tears that we so seldom feel. (((sweet lou)))

besides....she has 5 friggin kids!  she's allowed to do about anything!

(((hugs to all)))
love,
susi

#23 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2002 - 03:16 AM

(Streaking nekkid across the room) Woo hoo!! You're all blind now by the light!!!!!! J/k.  Thanks Lou for sharing.

#24 Cil

Cil
  • Banned

Posted 19 March 2002 - 05:24 PM

((lou))
Cil

#25 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2003 - 01:18 PM

Thank you soooooo much for sharing the picture and commentary. I'm still crying. I really needed that uplifting reasuurance. And sometimes I feel that my rapes are all my fault because I'm not skinny or attractive. That no one would do that to me unless I really deserved it. Thankyou...thankyou...thankyou!!!
((((((lotsa hugs))))))

#26 NotYetHealed

NotYetHealed

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:34 AM

Boosting a thread that tugs at my heart strings each time I read it.  ((((Lou)))) ~ thanks babe!

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2003 - 07:33 AM

Just boosting, because this pic is so damned awesome.

Wow.

:) Trisha

#28 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 01:25 PM

(((((((((((Weezie)))))))))))))
I've loved that picture for a long time.  It is very representative of what I've found here.  Thank you again for making it available, and thanks to Alexandra too, for helping you.
Love,
Shaina

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 01:32 PM

((((((((Lou)))))))))

I will also agree it does sum it all up, thankyou sweetheart.:)

(((hugs)))

Love Donnie =)

#30 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2002 - 01:41 PM

alrighty then! thanks to Aoife, Louise and Alex!!!!!  (((((hugs go out to all))))))

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.