Who Deserves to Be Here?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2002 - 11:10 PM

Wow.  Yeah.  This is a really great thread.  When I first saw the topic, I half-expected it to be something demoralizing and depressing.  I've only been here a short time, but I should have realized by now that that kind of junk doesn't show up here.  I feel so accepted right now, and by people I don't even know...people who don't know my story.  You're all so supportive no matter what.  

I think I'm going to cry.

Thank you all so much.

#32 Mary

Mary
  • MeowMary

• Contributing Member

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:37 AM

we have so many different types of people here, with so many different backgrounds, ages, beliefs and so on. but what we all do have in common is that we were hurt (or supportin someone who was hurt). we have made it out of that trauma alive and have lived to tell about it. if you fall into that catagory, you deserve to be here!  we can all get support here dispite our differences

Mary

#33 Guest_she breathes_*

Guest_she breathes_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2003 - 01:09 AM

thanks for this post. i used to minimize the abuse i experienced a lot because it was mostly emotional sexual abuse.

#34 SunshineDaydream

SunshineDaydream

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:14 AM

You're right, I just wanted to agree.  I deserve to be here and so does everyone else whose been violated in any of these fashions.

#35 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2001 - 04:07 PM

Mistral,
Good job, dear.
Take care,
Shaina

#36 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2001 - 05:42 AM

Mistral,
You always write so good!! Thank you for your words!
(((safe hugz)))
Juli

#37 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2001 - 07:05 AM

This is a very important thread that all survivors and supporters here need to read, in my opinion.

Thank you, Mistral.

(((safe hugs)))

Natasha

#38 Guest_Moon Sprite_*

Guest_Moon Sprite_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2001 - 08:24 AM

Oh, thank you... that's great to hear, thanx for making me feel like I belong, and like I'm wanted.  Right now, that's the greatest feeling in the world!

Stay safe, stay strong-

Moon Sprite

#39 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2001 - 07:52 PM

Mistral,

Thank you.

I need to hear that so badly.

Donna

#40 Laney

Laney
  • I'll find strength in pain

• Inactive Member

Posted 17 January 2002 - 04:48 PM

boosting for new friends =)

#41 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2002 - 12:38 AM

Thank you so much for posting this, Mistral.  It was only a few days ago that I found this board.  I was undecided as to whether or not I should post, but after seeing this post of yours I made up my mind.  Right now I am starting to deal with what happened to me.  I do not want to accept what happened, nor do I want to deal with how it's affected me.  There is a part of me that thinks that I am not justified in feeling how I do and that what happened should not affect me as much as it does because, in relation to what others have experienced it seems like almost nothing.  The logical, thinking part of me knows that I need to accept what happened, accept and believe that it's okay for me to be as hurt as I am over this, and to accept that I have to deal with what happened.  The rest of me is fighting the logical part of me and does not want to listen.  I am 19 years old and I have a history of depression, and am currently depressed and on medication.  At this point I don't even have all of my feelings and thoughts sorted out.  I'm confused, scared, and hurt (emotionally).  As far as support goes, I have a wonderful boyfriend who is very encouraging and supportive and willing to do anything I ask of him.  He has and is encouraging to deal with this, yet is not pushing me to do so.  He realizes and understands that I may not be ready to take certain steps yet.  I also have a few other very close friends who are supportive and encouraging and willing to do anything they can for me, and many other good friends as well.  My parents know what happened, but they don't know much more than that.  I don't really discuss this with them so they don't talk about it.
Thank you again, Mistral, for your post.
Pamela
aka 'Lizard'

Quote: from mistral on 4:09 pm on July 7, 2001
*T* for those words.

I see so many people questioning Do I Deserve to Be Here?  Let's settle this.

If it wasn't rape, if it was unwanted and inappropriate touching, you deserve to be here.

#42 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2002 - 07:24 AM

I also am new to this forum - it is nice to "belong" somewhere again.

It WOULD be nice to think that someone could believe I was raped. Because of unusual circumstances surrounding the "incident" five years ago I still cannot find a counselor to help me overcome it.

I finally gave up on counselors and talked to my minister- his comment after I described the multiple bruises was that he wanted to talk to someone who had SEEN them first. When he was reassured by my adult son that he had seen the bruises, the minister said "I know SOMETHING must have happened (because I was able to prove I had bruises), but I KNOW you were NOT R*PED!"

I still have had NO counseling at all - and dealing with it all alone when nobody believes in me really hurts. My husband has been my only source of support, and that has only come in the past year.  

Thank God for my dogs - they accept me no matter what!

#43 Jes

Jes
  • Jes-us Almost

• Administrator

Posted 28 October 2002 - 09:42 PM

Scott,

Welcome to the board!

Of course you are welcome here, and you should have access to all of the forums by now.

Hugs,

Jes

#44 Guest_raqueli_*

Guest_raqueli_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2002 - 02:30 PM

(((((Mike))))))

Welcome.

#45 Cira

Cira
  • One Girl Army

Posted 20 January 2003 - 03:34 AM

I thought I'd boost this just because I think we all need to be reminded of this every once in awhile.  And SilentFlight's post was just so beautiful.  :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.