Photo

Starting a Blog

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AsterUchiha

AsterUchiha

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

I read through the forum posts about starting a blog, but couldn't find the "My Controls" or any settings for my blogs.

Is there something I need to do before I can activate the blog feature? Or am I just not seeing the button/link?

I don't think I even have my blog activated yet, so I haven't even gotten to where I can set it up or figure out how to post.

#2 AsterUchiha

AsterUchiha

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

I don't have a tab for blog under my settings either. And setting don't come up when go from my profile to the side bar tab that reads blog.

#3 ravel

ravel

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

click on your username in upper right corner, then manage blogs

in upper right corner it says "create a blog"

once youre done; next to your blog it will say "options" click on it and choose manage settings

make sure to uncheck the box for "Allow guests to view your Blog?" if you dont want people outside of pandys being able to read your entries

Edited by ravel, 03 August 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#4 AsterUchiha

AsterUchiha

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

I don't have anything that says "manage blogs" in the pull down list after clicking my user name in the upper right hand corner.

#5 Susan

Susan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hi Aster,

How odd! Try once more. Click on your username, you should see a box with, 'What's on your mind?' then "Update underneath that.
Directly below that will be:

My profile
My content
Manage friends
Manage Blogs
Manage subscriptions

Is this all missing from your screen? Are you using a phone? If so, try using a computer.

Susan

#6 lostinthefog

lostinthefog

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

"Manage blogs" is missing from my screen too.  Maybe you have to create one before you can manage it?

But I just went to the "blogs" green  tab on the top (it will say Pandora's Project/Forums/Members/Calandars/Blogs etc

Click on Blogs and then on the right hand side there will be a button that says "create blog"

Try that!

And I think you do have to do it from a computer.

#7 Susan

Susan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Oh, that might be true lostinthefog! You might have to have a blog? I have a test one for issues I don't use but since I created it the "manage blogs" is there? Could be! smile.png

#8 Brehiri

Brehiri
  • Section Moderator for My Voice

• Section Moderator

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

You could always try changing your theme. If you're on a phone you can click "Full Version" right at the bottom to get normal Pandy's.  I don't see the blogs either on the mobile version.

Edited by Brehiri, 04 August 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#9 AsterUchiha

AsterUchiha

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'm not on mobile. I think I already tried the path you suggested, lostinthefog, but I will check again

Edited by AsterUchiha, 04 August 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#10 AsterUchiha

AsterUchiha

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

It worked! I went through the top bar that you suggested, and there was a create blog button under "blogs"!

Thank you!!

#11 Brehiri

Brehiri
  • Section Moderator for My Voice

• Section Moderator

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Glad you've sorted it :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.