Photo

So worried

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lacrymosa

Lacrymosa

Member Away

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:16 AM

I don't know if this is in the right place but I'm really worried bout a fellow survivor how can I find out if she's ok?

#2 mbholly

mbholly
  • Section Mod for Mental Wellness

• Section Moderator

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

Hi jan,
I am sorry you are feeling worried. I don't really know the answer to your question. I'm not sure there is a way because members have a right to their privacy. If the person you are concerned about posted something specific like a plan for suicide you would report the post and let the board mods handle it. I know I'm not much help here, but wanted to let you know you are not alone in having those kinds of worried feelings about other members.

I personally kind of think you just have to hope for the best for them and try to let the worry go. Sometimes people need a break from Pandy's because it can be triggering. Sometimes people who are struggling seek treatment /hospitalization and don't share that here. Often people come back and explain why they were gone. I know it can be stressful.

I hope the person you are concerned about is okay and that you hear from her soon.

Thinking of you,
Mary Beth

#3 jmy3sns

jmy3sns

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

Yes janh I understand that worry but like Marybeth said sometimes people have to step away because it is so triggering on this site sometimes . I have often needed to take a break. I hope the member is ok and you hear from them soon.

#4 Susan

Susan

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

Hi jan,

You've already received some really sound advice. I'm not sure what I can add. Self care is an important part of healing so knowing when to take time out for yourself, go in patient if needing more intensive care is often a good thing. If there is a specific post you're concerned about please do report it. I hope your friend will be okay!

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif 

Peace to you,

Susan

#5 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

I agree

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.