Photo

Can I block threads?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 macgyver

macgyver

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

Once I've posted in a thread, it appears afterwards in the "my content" list - and goes bold every time something new is added.

Is there a way to undo this? to "unfollow" a thread and delete it from the "my content" list to go its merry way without me?

(This could be important eg. if the material in the thread is not something I want to be continually reminded of)

Thanks.

#2 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine
  • My Personal coat of Arms

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

I think it always shows up.

But if you did not want to look at it ...

I am not sure from my experience that you can block them just leave it unopened and it will disappear further down your list.

There is the Ignore preferences ... but l think it means you won't see any of that persons posts again.

http://pandys.org/fo...ea=ignoredusers

I tend to just let the post go unread if they get too long and just can't keep up.

#3 lucy

lucy
  • Taking my mask off and trying to like who I see in the mirror

• Section Moderator

Member Away

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hello macgyver,

You can indeed unfollow a topic all you do is -

Click on the topic you wish to unfollow
To the right of the page you will see a box that says "Unfollow", click on this
It will come up with a second box that says "Unfollow this topic", click on this.

Then you no longer see updates for this!

I hope that this helps!

Lucy x

#4 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine
  • My Personal coat of Arms

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for that Lucy hi5.gif

Well learnt lesson that one for me too.bdayballoon.gif

#5 Sam_Guy

Sam_Guy
  • Mike

• Contributing Member

Member Away

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Also in your profile under Notification Settings, you can uncheck the box that automatically has you follow posts that you reply to.

#6 macgyver

macgyver

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hi lucyjo.

Thanks for your answer, but I couldn't get it to work.

I tried this:

Click on the topic you wish to unfollow

But I did not see this:

To the right of the page you will see a box that says "Unfollow"

All I see are the boxes which say "follow this topic" and "reply to this topic".

Can you help?

#7 Harbor

Harbor
  • broken and beautiful

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

It is a message board default that all threads with a new comment will be bumped to the top of a forum and appear bold to inform people there is a new post. There is not any way for a member to stop this function because it is primary to how the board functions. However, if you have posted in a thread, you will know because the bullet point beside the title will become a star.

#8 Susan

Susan

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

Thanks Harbor! hi5.gif

#9 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

Hey Macguyver,

I don't believe there is any way to remove a thread from your My Content list, short of deleting it entirely which goes against the point of posting inthe first place. I understand you want some times to not show up in there - one way to get around this is (if it's appropriate) post in a password-protected forum, like the Women's Forum or the Men's Forum (as applicable). The trade off with this is that both of these forums are a quieter pace to the main parts of the board, so you'll probably get fewer replies, but what it will mean is that only people with access to those forums will be able to see the thread when they view your My Content list. While this still means some people will be able to see those posts in your list, it will be less people than if you post in a main forum area. Of course, I know this is a constructed sense of security, because any member who is male or female is able to request access to the respective forum, but maybe it will help.

The thread will always go bold when people have replied to it since you last viewed it - unfortunately this is not something we can change and is just a function of an online message board.

If you are getting notifications sent to you to say that somebody has replied to a thread you have started, or that you have replied in, you can customise your notification settings through your profile, in the Edit Profile section.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help!

Take good care,
Kate

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.