Photo

Deleted and deleted entirely

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SharkBite

SharkBite
  • Survivor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

I deleted my story and marked it as deleted but was still posting under it. I was too overwhelmed by the story itself but the posts from others were very inspiring and uplifting but now it appears it was completely deleted. What should have I done differently? I didn't want the whole thing deleted just my story which I took care of myself.

#2 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome! Section Moderater for "MyLife"

• Section Moderator

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

I'm not sure, from what I understand if you delete your topic (intentionally or unintentionally, )every reply received also gets deleted. Try asking the help desk. :)

#3 SharkBite

SharkBite
  • Survivor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I can't!

#4 LaNell

LaNell
  • drawn from a photo of my son when he was that young. He was look

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

I tried to delete my thread also, and could not find any delete button. the only thing I could do was erase my typing, which is where I think sharkbite's story was also. The comments from the others were still there. 

Maybe a moderator saw the topic titled Delete and took it off of here?   I was a forum mod once and would write DND, whcih meant for everyone do not delete

#5 Beacon

Beacon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Maybe if in the future you/anyone feel the need to remove something shared but want connected comments to stand just edit your original post. Deleting removes the anchor that holds attached posts along with the OP.

This is my best guess on what will resolve the issue in the future. HTH.

#6 SharkBite

SharkBite
  • Survivor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

I did edited my story and wrote delete and changed the title to delete. I think changing my title is what made them delete it but I NEED THOSE POSTS. THEY WERE HELPING ME SO MUCH AND NOW THEY ARE GONE!

#7 mbholly

mbholly
  • Mental Wellness

• Section Moderator

Member Away

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hi Shark Bite,
I saw your post earlier. It was confusing because the thread was titled "deleted" and yet there was content in it further down. I am sorry you are upset not to have those posts available to you right now. It sounds like they were comforting to you.
It is possible the replies may be able to be forwarded to you. I don't know. Please pm a board moderator and see if they can help you with it.
Sending you lots of support.
Mary Beth

#8 Tracy

Tracy
  • I am Me

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hey Sharkbite,

When someone edits out their posts and someone brings it to our attention, then we try to go in and delete the thread.  It keeps the forum looking neater and doesn't use resources for posts that have been removed.  In the future, if you will PM one of us and let us know that you would like to remove your post but would like to keep copies of your replies, we can most certainly do that for you.

In the mean time, I will TRY to see if I can retrieve theses replies for you.  I can't make any promises, but I will see if there is anything we can do and I'll get back to you, okay?

Tracy

#9 SharkBite

SharkBite
  • Survivor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Thank you Tracy! That helps a lot! Will they say in that envelope file unless I delete it myself?

#10 Tracy

Tracy
  • I am Me

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Sharkbite, I found your thread and was able to restore it for you.  I also edited the first post to say "do not delete" or something like that.  I had already PM'd you a copy of all your replies before I knew I could restore the posts, so you also got that in your PM box.

Again, next time just PM one of us ahead of time b/c anytime someone write delete in the edited posts, that is an indication to us to remove (delete) it from the board.  I'm sorry for any confusion this caused.

I hope you were able to have a good day.

Tracy

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.