Photo

Google & Google Mobile listed as online users?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 loveinflames

loveinflames
  • In Transit

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

Google and & Google Mobile are listed as online users at the bottom of the main page - what's up with this?

#2 WinterRosie

WinterRosie
  • Staring down the spoils of war

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

There are parts of the site that are indexed by Google. That means they show up in a Google search (like the public parts. I'm not sure what else). In order for Google to have access it is listed as a user. Which is why it shows up like a user at the bottom of the page. It means that someone is viewing the site through Google. Likely as the result of a search.

#3 loveinflames

loveinflames
  • In Transit

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

cool! Thanks for your quick answer

#4 Susan

Susan

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hi loveinflames,

These are search engines which have extremely limited access. I've noticed "Bing" and a couple of others as well. They only have access to the public sections of the board so no worries! :)

Take care,

Susan

#5 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

When I first saw them, I thought it was someone using those as usernames :lol:

#6 8888

• Breaking the Silence

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

Glad to hear that Susan, this makes me feel a little safer here.

#7 Susan

Susan

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hi 8888,

I'm glad to hear that! We all need a safe environment in which to heal. The entire staff works very hard to make this board as safe as possible. 

Be well,

Susan

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.