Photo

What "share this post" means?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 darkhowl

darkhowl

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Hi!

I wonder why every thread, in the end, has the "Share this topic" option, followed by the icons of Twitter, Facebook etc. Aren't the posts private? What about the options "download this post" and "email this post"?

Thank you and I wish a good week to everybody

Edited by darkhowl, 07 October 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#2 Susan

Susan

Member Away

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Hi darkhowl,

These are features of our board software that we can't remove. However, any post you make on the board that is not in a Public Forum - (where anyone could read it by logging on to our site anyway) - will remain private even if you decide to "share it" unless you "share it" with another member. Any non-members attempting to view posts from say FaceBook will not be able to unless they're logged into an account or the post has been made in a Public Forum. All of the Public forums are clearly marked so in their titles.

In our board guidelines we request members do not share the content of this site with people outside of here. I hope this answers your question. :)

Take care,
Susan

#3 darkhowl

darkhowl

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hi darkhowl,

These are features of our board software that we can't remove. However, any post you make on the board that is not in a Public Forum - (where anyone could read it by logging on to our site anyway) - will remain private even if you decide to "share it" unless you "share it" with another member. Any non-members attempting to view posts from say FaceBook will not be able to unless they're logged into an account or the post has been made in a Public Forum. All of the Public forums are clearly marked so in their titles.

In our board guidelines we request members do not share the content of this site with people outside of here. I hope this answers your question. :)/>

Take care,
Susan

Thank you very much, Susan.

All the best

#4 Susan

Susan

Member Away

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hi darkhowl,

You're very welcome! Posted Image

Take care,
Susan

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.