Photo

posting question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MandyC

MandyC
  • Never give up because giving up means they win.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

I have been wondering. I have been posting in my story and I would really like to share my poems there because they are a huge part of my story they are a major part of my healing journey. I have posted some in the creativity forum, is it ok for me to repost them in my story?

#2 FlashedForward

FlashedForward
  • Contributing Member

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

MandyC, hi.

Just my 0.02 USD, since I'm not a mod ...

I've seen other members do this. The idea makes sense to me because members ought to be able to express and develop their stories in the way that 'works' best for them.

It might sometimes be clearer to readers if you use the quote function, like this:

Its long but worth it, I don't think it should trigger ...

You automatically get a link (the icon preceding your name in the header) back to the original post. When you do that you can edit the content of the quote. But I'm sure quoting isn't required, and anyway it's sometimes obtrusive.

I think your idea even has advantages. In the creativity forum you'd get responses - at least some - to your poem as a creative work. In the stories forum you'd get responses to your poem as part of a larger biographic work (or something like that).

(Sorry for the ramble. Two of my interests are 'knowledge management' and 'content management systems'.)

Best,

f/f

Edited by FlashedForward, 03 August 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#3 Susan

Susan

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hey Mandy,

FalashedForward says it best here:

The idea makes sense to me because members ought to be able to express and develop their stories in the way that 'works' best for them.

We have no issue with members adding or linking to their poems/creative works from Survivor Creativity to their My Story. We do try to contain such things to those two forums so the board isn't over run with poems/short stories.

Thanks for checking!
Susan

#4 MandyC

MandyC
  • Never give up because giving up means they win.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thanks everyone :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.