• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan64

Jonathan64
  • Lost lonely hurt broken little boy.

• M Member

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

:)barf :)barf :)barf :)barf :)barf :)barf :)barf

I have a concern with this smiley. It defeats the purpose. I always believed a picture is worth a thousand words. A smiley is no different. Im not saying we need to remove the barf smiley. It throws up followed by a smile. Usually when using that smiley, I am relating to an experiance I had in my CSA. The barf is appropriate way to express feelings but the smiling in the end needs to go. I usually have to post something like this.....

"This sex experiace made me wana :)barf (Without the happy face)"

Im not gona be happy about my CSA. This barf smiley should barf followed by a sad face. I made this a public request so other members can see it and see if they agree with me.

#2 Tracy

Tracy
  • I am Me

• Contributing Member

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

We don't make the emoticons, so we can't change it. We use them from public domain, but do not have the rights or the ability to change the emoticon.

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

I can only echo Tracy - we don't design emoticons ourselves so we can only use what we find. In fact, that particular icon is standard with all IP.Board software - it comes with the package rather than being one sourced by ourselves.

If a person wishes to source a small and most importantly, tasteful, emoticon that illustrates this emotion - and one which fits in with our current style of emoticons, they are very welcome to and can contact us. It's also important that the emoticons are sourced from a free use site. From time to time we can look around for emoticons, but often there are more pressing things that come first, so it can take a little while!

Take care,
Kate

#4 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

That makes sense.

#5 Jonathan64

Jonathan64
  • Lost lonely hurt broken little boy.

• M Member

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Ok. Yeah I understand staff have their plate full with other things. Just thought I mention it because its hard to smile when talking about our abuse to the point that it makes is throw up. The barf smiley does that as it totally defeats the purpose. Just an observation. Im sure you guys will do what you can when you can. No urgency.

Edited by Jonathan64, 18 March 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#6 nita

nita
  • Nita

• Contributing Member

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

I always thought it was weird that it smiled afterward too.

I guess it's like when you want to express barfing over like a political comment or something. IDK

#7 Ineloquent

Ineloquent

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hey I saw this just now. I can do very, very basic icon art if you're interested? I'm a bit rusty, and if anyone could put forward any ideas of what 'barfing' should look like, let me know. I know that's a stupid question, but I'll probably do a couple of different emotes so any ideas will be helpful. Bear in mind it can only really be the same size as :) this so I won't have as much space to work with. I should be able to animate it as well.

Anyway, if it'll be helpful let me know. I agree the current one seems pretty inappropriate at times.

Edited by Ineloquent, 17 May 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#8 Brittany

Brittany
  • Ever working to forsake the demon in my safest haven.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

IneIoquent,

If you do come up with a small and tasteful emoticon that illustrates this emotion, and if it fits in with our current style of emoticons, contact any Board Mod and we will give it consideration :)

Thanks,
Brittany

#9 nita

nita
  • Nita

• Contributing Member

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Thank you Ineloquent the size would really be a challenge!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.