Photo

The Ugly 'Truth

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 waterlily

waterlily

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

I might be missing it? Ive looked and cant see to find a prostitution/ s*x trade forum.

I know I'm not the only one with the history. A lot of us took the "Master It" road. Is there a place here on Pandys for us?

Ill hide under here till the dust settles Posted Image

#2 ilubnotbeingyew

ilubnotbeingyew

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

I tried finding you something under the different types part of the forum and didn't find it. I know many people respond to trauma in this way and I think it it's a great topic to get started because I don't believe there is one

#3 Snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle
  • I wish it would rain all the time...

• Chat mod

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Here is a link to a support thread for those who have worked or are still working in the sex industry. That what you were looking for?

#4 Susan

Susan

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

There's also several threads in our Types of sexual assault discussion forum here: http://pandys.org/fo...661955&st=8

#5 waterlily

waterlily

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Thank you all for the links to the threadsPosted Image. Yes that is the kind of thing I was looking.

So. what do you think of a forum for this topic? Something easy to find things, a place for members posting specific to it?

It was a thought. Just my 2 cents- we all know how much that will buy, LOL

edited to hide againPosted Image

Edited by waterlily, 27 November 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#6 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hi Waterlily,

Thank you for asking, and for your suggestion. We really value it when members talk with us about things they would like to see on the board.

When we are considering creating a new forum, one thing that is really important in our decision making is if there is the demand for it. We really don't like seeing whole forums with little activity, and threads going unanswered because there is not enough people interested in that kind of forum to maintain the activity. Usually we will start a discussion thread about it first, like with the thread for survivors working in the sex industry, so that we can get an idea of the demand for that topic. If there is only one reply every week or so, we would be very hesitant to start a forum based on that, as it can leave people feeling even more alone and isolated than they felt to begin with. If it seems like there is pretty regular interest in it though, it is definitely something we will consider.

So please post in the thread as much as you feel you want to, as we do use threads like that to gauge the level of demand for a forum or sub-forum.

Take gentle care,
Kate

#7 waterlily

waterlily

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

There's also several threads in our Types of sexual assault discussion forum here: http://pandys.org/fo...661955&st=8

I came back to this thread, follow the links and see if I would post to them. Wow Susan that blew me away. The titles I got triggered. Somethings I hadnt though of in years. Or seeing a spade being called a spade. An act that I considered small and insignificant
When I come to a site like this one I open up a part of myself I usually keep hidden. I can feel very vulnerable. Here I thought I had gotten over that. Silly me Posted Image

Waterlily

#8 Susan

Susan

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hey waterlily,

I'm sorry you were triggered. I think we sometimes forget this can happen after "wearing our masks" for others. :hug:/>

#9 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm so sorry this kind of thread is needed, but I'm glad you found it.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.