Photo

Posts with no replies list?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jo59

jo59

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I know there is a View New Content button and a recently created topics box but on another forum I use there is a "posts with no reply" list.

Personally I know how hard it can be if no one replies to you and I was wondering if it was something that had been considered?

I know it is different with it being so sensitive and there being so many different sections but I was just wondering.

Take Care,

Jo

#2 dreamgirl

dreamgirl
  • Dreamgirl

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm intrigued as to how this works??

#3 babybutterfly

babybutterfly

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Ooh I vote yes to this.

#4 Susan

Susan

Member Away

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi jo,

I'm not sure if this has been considered or is even possible with our software. You can simply scroll down the list of posts in the busier forums then post a reply in those with zero replies. Not as efficient as having a dedicated list but it'll work in a pinch! :)

#5 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'd wondered this too. I try to reply to posts with little replies but some of the sections I have litte experiance but sometimes a simple, :hug: or :holdhands: can make a differance.

#6 jo59

jo59

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

Hi jo,

I'm not sure if this has been considered or is even possible with our software. You can simply scroll down the list of posts in the busier forums then post a reply in those with zero replies. Not as efficient as having a dedicated list but it'll work in a pinch! :)

Thanks Susan Posted Image it's something I've been wondering for a while, posts can sometimes get buried especially on the forums with high activity.

I agree with blondie, even a simple Posted Image goes a long way

Edited by jo59, 15 August 2012 - 03:40 AM.

#7 ~Rosie~

~Rosie~
  • Contributing Member

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi Jo :)

One thing you can do which I've just discovered having a play around, is to sort the forum you're looking at by the number of replies. When you're in one of the forums, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's a bit that says "Click here to show filter options". If you click on that, you can then select to sort the forum by replies, in the A-Z direction to give you the ones with zero replies first. You can also sort by the time frame, so that it only shows posts for example from the last 7 days or something - that way you won't get posts from a year ago showing up and confusing matters!

#8 jo59

jo59

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Ohhhh Rosie that's great thanks for the tip :) Really useful I would have never spotted that.

#9 ~Rosie~

~Rosie~
  • Contributing Member

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

No problem! I didn't realise I could do that either until I had a play with the settings - now I know I think I'll use it too :)

#10 Susan

Susan

Member Away

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Wonderful tip Rosie! Thanks! :hi5:

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.