Photo

Question about Triggering Movies & Books list

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cherline

Cherline

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

I was googling for a list of movies that trigger, because I love movies but I can only watch movies for children (6+) because I never know whether a movie will trigger.
I found this link from Pandys;

http://www.pandys.or...eringmedia.html

I tried it out and found the list, but when I tried to do a new submission, it didn't work. I can't find it back on the up-to-date site of pandys.org.

Is it a cached version of a page that doesn't exist anymore?
If so, I would be glad to find out how I can make a site with a catalogus of media.

(Edited for grammar)

Edited by Cherline, 20 June 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#2 Susan

Susan

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi Cherline,

That link is from a site that is no longer being maintained. You can look at this one from here: http://pandys.org/fo...howtopic=118416 Some of the outside links are no longer functional but there are 4 pages of movies that are triggering. Feel free to add your own! :)

#3 Susan

Susan

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hi Cherline,

The former Movies That Trigger website has been re-launched. I've donated some space on my webserver and the new URL is below:

http://jameslandrith.com/triggers/

Please feel free to send me suggested movie titles and short descriptions of the triggers. Given that the content had not been updated since mid-2005, I've been adding new titles for several nights, but I could use some help in catching the site up. Also, once I get the content a little cleaner, I am interested in taking on a volunteer editor who is passionate about the content.

Thank you.

James is our former section mod in entertainment and he was generous enough to donate space and update the list too! Yay!

#4 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Member Away

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

You might also find it helpful to do a search in the movies and TV forum if there is a movie you have on mind but are worried it might trigger - see if other members have raised it before.

Take care,
Kate

#5 Cherline

Cherline

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Thank you, that's very helpful. :-)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.