Photo

forum for female-on-female abuse?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 perhapsapoet

perhapsapoet

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi. So, I was wondering if there was a corner of Pandora's Aquarium specifically for girls/women who have been abused by girls/women? I've been looking around to see if there is one but so far no luck. If there isn't such a corner in existence, I would like to assert that I really feel there should be! It is quite challenging to find resources on this particular type of abuse.

I hope this is the right place to be posting this. Thanks for reading, and sorry if I'm overlooking something obvious. :)

Perhaps

#2 Marlee

Marlee
  • is where the wild things are

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Hi perhapsapoet,

We do have a thread in the Types of Sexual Assault forum that covers sexual abuse by female perpetrators that you can find here. I realize that it isn't specifically geared toward women abused by women - but it seems a lot of the posts are made by other women who have experienced abuse at the hands of a woman/ of women.

I hope this helps,

-M

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hey Perhapsapoet,

I was going to link to the thread Marlee suggested. We have considered this kind of forum in the past, however, we don't believe there is enough demand to sustain a forum like that so that everybody who posts in there gets replies and feels supported. We've tried forums in the past which had an interest but were not busy and it ended up with people feeling they were not being supported and feeling hurt. It's also difficult for those people who have been hurt by another woman as well as by male perpetrators - it gets confusing about where they should post about which issue, you know? And where they should post if the two issues merge. As somebody who was also abused by a female perpetrator, I can relate to needing a space to talk about it. If you want to post in a female-only space about this (or about any issue) you can always post in the password-protected Women's forum. If you don't have the password to that and would like it, please feel free to send me or any other board mod a message :)

Take care,
Kate

#4 perhapsapoet

perhapsapoet

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thank you two very much for the resplies!

Marlee: Thank you very much for the thread link. :) That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Kate: I completely understand. Just having the thread is a great comfort! Thanks for the in-depth response!

Thanks, guys!

Perhaps

#5 astralvigilante

astralvigilante
  • Doer of the impossible.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

I can totally understand how you're feeling there. Most of my abusers were female too, so I've utilized the "female against female" thread a bit too.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.