Photo

Chat Access

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 londonamber

londonamber
  • Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

About 18 months ago I upset some members of the site through a visualisation exercise and potentially my language. I felt so raw that I was not taking into account the sensitivities and needs of the other survivors that were giving their heart and time to support me.

I have since attempted to regain access to the chat room and I have failed, I am unsure if this is because of my mistakes or because I cannot re-enter - I did not attack or offend anyone I simply well - was very visual in what I wrote which was insensitive and if it results in me being negated from the room I fully understand. I was told that I had a 2 week ban and could re-apply which I have tried to do to no avail - life has been busy so the lack of progress is probably me not knowing what to do.

I am now a lot better, I am engaged, I have a (naugthy but cute Collie) puppy and I am working full time.

Anyhoo - sorry, I am unsure as to how to ask if I can gain access to the chatroom or not, I have tried and failed. If I am blocked I will respect that.

Any advice welcome - London~Amber

#2 Snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle
  • I wish it would rain all the time...

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

You need to actually reapply, in other words, do what you did to get access the first time. PM a chatterator or board mod with the answers to these things:
1) The date that you joined Pandy's.
2) The number of posts you have made.
3) That you have read and understood the chat room guidelines.
4) That you agree not to use the chat PM system unless its to talk directly to a chat moderator.
5) That you will remain respectful of all members and Pandy's staff members.
6. That you agree not to enter the chat room whilst you are "in crisis" which we define as being actively suicidal, actively self-harming or threatening to self-harm, in need of medical attention, or in need of police assistance.

The chat guidelines can be found here.

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hi londonamber,

Ditto to what Snickerdoodle said, you'll need to send in your application again to either a board mod (such as myself) or a Chatterator (Sasha and Lyndsie) or just post it here and one of us will see it! :)

Take care,
Kate

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.