Photo

the old prostitution thread

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crazysanegirl

crazysanegirl

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hi,

I don't come on the forum often...I noticed a while ago that the only thread I used to post on was removed. I don't know how long ago that happened. It was a sub-section in one of the older sections (you seem to have changed things around here quite a bit). Anyway, I know Pandy's had issues with some topics discussed in there, so a moderator was added and that was good. I don't know what happened for it to be closed, but I would really like to press you to allow for another one to see the day. You see, there are very little resources for survivors of prostitution... Don't just take my word for it, google search it :-) You'll end up on either pro or against websites. All politics or endoctrination. Not much room for in between. For people like me, who sometimes just need to talk about it with people who actually know what it's like. Like women who've survived rape come here to get other rape victims perspectives... You can't believe how much such a resource, as limited as it may be, is needed...

One opinion.
csg

Edited by crazysanegirl, 03 April 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#2 Susan

Susan

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hi csg,

I'm not exactly sure what happened to the thread you're describing but there is this one in Types of Sexual Assault, Sex workers and Rape/Abuse. I hope this helps.

Take care,
Susan

#3 Marlee

Marlee
  • is where the wild things are

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hi there,

The thread you are referring to was locked, but only because it had become so large and a lot of posts were being buried which resulted in members not feeling heard or supported. A new thread with more guided questions and a list of resources was created to take its place. This new thread has been pinned to the top of the sex & intimacy forum. It is titled 'Support thread for survivors who have worked in the sex industry'. I hope this answers your question! As the former mod when I closed the thread my intention was not to make anyone feel silenced but to do the opposite! I wanted newer members to feel heard in the new thread and not lost in how big the old one was. The old one still exists and can be found in the reclaiming sexuality discussions sub-forum.

Here is a link to the thread: http://pandys.org/fo...pic=172759&st=0

I hope this answers your question!

Be well,
-m

#4 Susan

Susan

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Fantastic! Thanks Marlee! :)

#5 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Thank you Marlee :)

#6 *WishUponAStar*

*WishUponAStar*

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

crazysanegirl - i hope you join us in the thread marlee provided the link for. i understand all too well how limited the resources are. take care.

#7 crazysanegirl

crazysanegirl

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

..A new thread with more guided questions and a list of resources was created to take its place.

Thanks Marlee and to Susan as well. I think I got lost in all the new sections :-) I'm especially happy to hear how Pandy's views things. That's also a rare commodity.

Take care,

csg

#8 crazysanegirl

crazysanegirl

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

crazysanegirl - i hope you join us in the thread marlee provided the link for. i understand all too well how limited the resources are. take care.

Hi WishUponAStar: I have :-) I'm really happy it's still there. Take care as well...

csg

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.