Photo

chat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 flipper1234

flipper1234

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

why do i need a password to access the chatroom?

#2 DreamOn

DreamOn
  • Super Grover!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

right now chat is closed because of the guest chat. It will be back open in an hour

#3 flipper1234

flipper1234

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

why does it say i need a password though

#4 DreamOn

DreamOn
  • Super Grover!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

because the only room open is the topic chat, and you need a password to access the topic chat

#5 Sasha

Sasha
  • Still here

• Chatterator

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Flipper I put in the password so that people can't access the general and healing chat rooms while the guest speaker chat is going on. The chat is over now and the passwords have been removed so you should be able to access chat now

#6 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hi Flipper,

We need to have a password for those chats because the chat room can only hold a certain amount of people at a time - and when there is a guest speaker there is often a lot of demand, so what we do is post in advance of the event so that people can reserve a place. It's the only way to make it as fair as possible for those people who want to attend. Otherwise it would be a bit of a free for all!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.