Photo

Trigger Sign

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 myemmanuel

myemmanuel

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

How do I add a trigger button. I do not want to upset anyone.

Emmanuel

#2 darlingluck

darlingluck
  • One love

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:53 AM

There is a trigger button when you slect show all under the smilies, however I'm not sure how some people have actaully hidden what they have written under the button

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hey guys,

There are a few options with this! The first is that you can just write "Trigger warning", or put a T, *T*, t, etc in your posts title to warn others.

You can add a graphic of a trigger warning, which looks like this: :trigger: Type :trigger : without the space between "trigger" and the colon.

You can also add in a spoiler, which hides what you type so members need to choose to view it. To do it, just type [spoiler ] your text [/spoiler ] (but remove the spaces between "spoiler" and the square bracket for both the opening and closing tags. It will look like this:

Spoiler

If you are using this on the board, it helps to put a warning above the spoiler box to let people know what it is that is hidden (e.g. "May trigger - graphic description of rape" etc)

I hope that helps!
Kate

#4 ~Rosie~

~Rosie~
  • Contributing Member

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

I never knew how to do the spoiler thing before, and I've always thought it's a great way to make sure nobody sees anything that might upset them by accident or anything - now I know how! :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.