Photo

A couple of very, very important questions :P

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GreenSnail

GreenSnail
  • Inactive Member

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

1. What determines the order of the friends on our profile? It's not mod-rank, alphabetical, length of membership or order of adding. The order seems to be the same on everyone's profile.

2. What determines of the order of people in group PMs? it's not any of the above either.

3. Why do I have to enter the password for protected forums seemingly at random?

and 4. Why does single clicking on my notification centre not work on my iPhone but does on my iPod and PC?

#2 BeBold

BeBold
  • You are not irrelephant!

• Contributing Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

I think the order of friends on your homepage is the order of their join number. starting closest to zero and approaching 34,000? that ends up meaning the ones closest to the top are the longest belonging members. I just figured this out the other day.

re: entering passwords. could it be that some are saved by a cookie on your computer and some are not? Just a guess.

as for the rest...can't say.

hope this little bit helped. If I am wrong. I apologize. I wonder if the order of folks in a group PM is also the length of time they have been members?

be

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:39 AM

I have no idea to most of your questions and I would recommend doing some searches on IP Board in general, I'm sure that information is out there somewhere.

The notification system is a bit screwy, unfortunately that's not something we can fix at this point - I think it's a bug in the system.

Not much help here, I'm afraid!

#4 Melinda

Melinda
  • from LittleGirlLost to a woman found

• Contributing Member

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

1. What determines the order of the friends on our profile? It's not mod-rank, alphabetical, length of membership or order of adding. The order seems to be the same on everyone's profile.
Like Be said, it's by user number.

2. What determines of the order of people in group PMs? it's not any of the above either.
This is also by user number.

3. Why do I have to enter the password for protected forums seemingly at random?
You probably have to enter the password again after you have to log into the board again. The board won't allow you to be logged on to 2 devices at once (like your PC and iPhone), so if you're on your PC and you log into your iPhone, when you go back to your PC you'll have to log into the board again, and I think you'll have to log into password protected forums again too.

and 4. Why does single clicking on my notification centre not work on my iPhone but does on my iPod and PC?
If you're using the mobile skin on your iPhone, I'm not even sure where you're finding the notification center! I can't find it when I log in on my iPhone. But the mobile skin requires double-clicking on some things to open them, even threads, to avoid accidental clicking with unwanted page loads, and so forth.

#5 GreenSnail

GreenSnail
  • Inactive Member

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

Thank you :D

I use Arium on my iPhone because its a pretty green colour when I'm viewing it in negative. I don't like the mobile skin because you cant see if who has posted/how many replies in a thread/statuses.

#6 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome! Section Moderater for "MyLife"

• Section Moderator

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

I've been wondering the same thing.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.