Photo

Without Pandys...

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#121 slkhamby

slkhamby
  • I'm a work in progress!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

Without Pandy's I would still be a frightened little girl - crying alone.  With Pandy's I am learning to hold my head up and face the world as the strong woman I strive to be. Thank you rainbow.gif

#122 survivor082006

survivor082006
  • survivor082006

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

I would still be an island, floating in the rough and isolating sea of existential despair, slowly eroding by the waves of the human condition that would eventually disappear underneath the watery depths. of course we still are islands, subjected to the boundaries of our physical bodies and our metaphysical minds where the wild things unique to each islands' individual habitat dwell. but this collection of individual plots of sand is connected by a network of bridges created from the concrete of desperation and reinforced by the steel rods of hope in which our thoughts and our emotions and our experiences traverse. and as the ever increasing network of connections grow, we realize that island life doesn't have to be so unbearable.

Edited by survivor082006, 18 January 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#123 Ellie2014

Ellie2014

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

I wouldn't have a place to come back to where others support and not criticize the struggle

#124 mythrider

mythrider
  • Section Moderator for NFAT

• Section Moderator

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Without Pandys I would've felt alone and who knows where that would've left.

Now I am able to realize that there are others out there and we are not alone.

Edited by mythrider, 31 March 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#125 PandaLily

PandaLily
  • Hugs welcome :)

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

I love this thread, so much wonderful stuff here!

Without Pandy's I would have bailed on therapy ages ago. Here I have found the strength, understanding and support that I've needed to keep going on this journey. Thanks to Pandy's I know that I am not alone.

#126 Salemkitty

Salemkitty
  • Salemkitty

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

Hi, I agree with Pandalily

I love this thread, so much wonderful stuff here!
Without Pandy's I would have bailed on therapy ages ago. Here I have found the strength, understanding and support that I've needed to keep going on this journey. Thanks to Pandy's I know that I am not alone.

#127 slkhamby

slkhamby
  • I'm a work in progress!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

Without Pandy's I would have continued to live my life full of anger, bitterness, panic, anxiety, loneliness, sadness, guilt, shame and fear.

Some of these feelings are now under control - I am working on the others :)

#128 redballon

redballon

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

Without Pandys i would never had told anyone. 

#129 Salemkitty

Salemkitty
  • Salemkitty

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Without Pandy's I would'nt have found a support group that is my match. Thank you so much! Love, Salemkitty

#130 Paulabrave

Paulabrave
  • Sibling Sexual Violence Survivor

• Contributing Member

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

Without Pandy's I would have hardly no voice at all.  I would not be brave at all.  Pandy's gives me support and hope.

#131 angel.heart

angel.heart
  • And nothing seems, in life and dreams, like what was meant to be

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

without pandy's, i wouldn't have identified my experiences as r, and my abusers would still be doing it..

#132 Shannon09

Shannon09

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Without Pandy's I think I would still be thinking that I must've been treated badly because there is something wrong with me. I've thought for years that I must have done something, said something, believed something to cause someone to harm me. Being here, hearing other people's stories, that one blog post that speaks to you or that one comforting comment from a stranger -- means more than you'll know.

Thank you <3

#133 johnfinster

johnfinster
  • Infinitely better for it.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

Without Pandy's, I would still be another stone-cold, dead-to-the-world survivor - only, really - completely unable to let the child in me off the hook in a morally responsible way. 

Now I can say, sometimes almost with a sense of pride, I was raped as a child. Pandy's has never shown me the way to heaven. But, it has, for me, paved the way out of hell.

Edited by johnfinster, 08 May 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#134 xRainx

xRainx
  • Growing

• Contributing Member

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

Without Pandy's, I would not be here.

I found this page because I was looking for a suicide hotline specifically for survivors. Thank you Pandy's. 

#135 woahkayitslauren

woahkayitslauren

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

Without Pandy's, I don't think I would be starting a journey towards acceptance and healing. In the short time I've been here, I am so amazed by each and every single person on here. There are many other forums and websites I've tried to look at, but Pandy's is by far the most welcoming, accepting and friendliest. 

Thank y'all so much for being here and doing what you do! 

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.