Photo

What have you learned from Pandy's?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#106 8888

• Breaking the Silence

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

That I'm not the only one who doesn't remember all the details of their csa.  And that I'm not crazy.

#107 slkhamby

slkhamby
  • I'm a work in progress!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

I joined Pandy's one month ago.

I have learnt that it is possible to feel loved, protected and cared for by complete strangers and that it is ok to not be ok.

Thank you all :-)

#108 rebornchaos

rebornchaos
  • still learning

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

just joined yesterday, but seeing many people had it worse than i am but recovered, i think that i can do it as well. i learned that people can recover from their trauma. i wish i could be like that, too

i learn that abuse had many types.

before, i think that if you could still go to school, wasn't disabled, could still do daily tasks, didn't contract STDs from the abuse than you are good. you weren't abused. you are over thinking, being melodramatic.

but now that i read and read, i feel better about myself, that i wasn't the only one.

just starting my recovery.

best regard,

RC

Edited by rebornchaos, 06 January 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#109 Danie

Danie

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

I have learned:

I'm not alone.

The way I react to sexual encounters is completely normal.

To accept what has happened to me. 

That you can use your experience to help other people in life. 

#110 AG1988

AG1988

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

I've gotten a ton of wisdom from this site over the last 6 years. 

Learned that I'm not alone and I guess that I deserve support, that the circumstances surrounding my abuser did not decriminalize it (he has Aspergers, which was use to absolve him of accountability). 

Taught me that there is life after this-people do go on and succeed, since all too often stories of r*pe preclude a downward spiral. 

Pandy's is fantastic! 

#111 Alexandra180

Alexandra180
  • Strong Survivor

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

I have learned that I don't have to be alone with my negative thoughts, that there are supportive people here who will help me through. I have learned that it is okay to cry or not react at all. I didn't know that was normal. I learned how to handle tough situations and I am using that to help people that I know who are going through tough times in their lives. I learned to enjoy the little things that make me happy everyday and to take care of myself when I need to. I have also learned that I am important and what happened to me was not my fault. None of it was.

Edited by Alexandra180, 05 June 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#112 eeyorestale

eeyorestale
  • Contributing Member

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

I have learned that I can't do this by myself and asking for help is a sign of strength and healing not weakness.

I have learned that through our shared experiences, as horrible as they were, that we we lift each other up and as a group, as a community, we can rise above our individual challenges in a way that I don't think we can on our own.

I have learned that while I can't always see it or connect with it that I am worthwhile and....  

I have learned is that I can feel lonely but I will never have to face another day, another crisis or another memory by myself, for sure the most important thing I have learned is that I don't have to struggle alone and in silence.

#113 Qrious

Qrious

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

I have learned that it wasn't all in my head, but that that doesn't mean I can't aim to be as awesome as my Pandy's friends.

I have learned that there are deeply courageous people willing to listen and comfort, wherever your head is taking you

And I have learned what a great privilege it is to give understanding or comfort to others here, to extend care and to sometimes realise through doing so that the world is better for having people like us in it, which can be hard to see when real life is completely overwhelming.

I have learned that there can be moments of calm, and that these are precious but magically extendable through sharing.

And that humour, like hope, can live in the strangest places!

#114 Mand

Mand
  • Working hard to heal the hurt. More complete and 'me'

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

I have learned that healing is possible

I have learned I am not alone

I have learned I can help others

I have learned I want to live

I have learned it was not my fault

I have learned I am human

I have learned to feel, to reach out, to feel emotion. I have learned to cry.

#115 nebulas

nebulas
  • Chris

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

I have been a Member Since 21 Jan 2014.

I have learned that I am never alone.  I have learned that the way I feel about myself is not how I deserve to feel about  myself.  I deserve to heal. 

#116 8888

• Breaking the Silence

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

I learned that the last person you would expect to be your abuser could be your abuser. I knew that sexual predators didn't look any different than others but I guess I didn't fully believe it until I was here. I have been able to stop lying to myself and admit he did it, even though he was a good man in other ways he was still my abuser. Thank you Pandy's for helping me figure this out.

#117 slkhamby

slkhamby

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

I have learned that I am stronger than I ever thought possible.

#118 AG1988

AG1988

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

slkhamby-love your quotes! 

#119 slkhamby

slkhamby

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

slkhamby-love your quotes!

Thanks - the last 2 are from one of my favourite songs - called 'I didn't know my own strength' by Whitney Houston. Speaks volumes to me.

#120 Butterfly13

Butterfly13
  • Section Moderator

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

through Pandys I got better connected with my own story

actually one of the best thing I have learned is to start with my own healing journey

I feel less alone and have learned that I am not alone (even though this is quite sad to see so many struggling)

have learned a bit to get out of myself and start talking - slowly - but I am ready

since I am at Pandys I realized that the memory issues (that I do not memorize many things) is with many survivors

I have learned that I am ok - the way I am!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.