Photo

Here, There & Everywhere (OMG!)?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PfatPfrog

PfatPfrog
  • Inactive Member

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

I've noticed at the bottom of posts it states "Share This Topic" along with buttons for twitter, facebook, etc.

Does this mean that stuff we've posted here can be taken by other members and posted off of this site onto other sites that aren't Pandys?

:excl:

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Hi Pfratfrog,

These are features of the IP Board software that we cannot remove, however when "sharing" a link off this site whether or not it is visible will depend on where the post/blog/whatever was originally located. For example, if I posted something in My Voice and you decided to share it somewhere, people could only read it if they were also members of the board and logged in to Pandy's. If I posted in a public forum like Wonderful Threads and you decided to share that post on an external site like Facebook, it would be visible to people who clicked on your link - however, it would also be visible to anybody who chose to access the Pandy's site anyway, member or non-member, as it is a public forum to begin with.

If you are concerned about this, continue to ensure you post in the forums available only to members of the board - you can tell a forum is public and therefore accessible to anybody coming to this site because the forum has "Public" written before it's title. In the board guidelines it is outlined that "You may not access, read, copy, or otherwise reproduce, transmit, or communicate any portion of Pandora's Aquarium for other purposes other than peer support" - we request that members do not share the content of this site with other people outside the board.

I hope that helps!
Kate

#3 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

I've wondered the same thing, thanks for clearing that up. When I first told my mom about this site, I just told her that it "helps people that have been through what I've been through".

#4 PfatPfrog

PfatPfrog
  • Inactive Member

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:57 AM

Hi Pfratfrog,

These are features of the IP Board software that we cannot remove, however when "sharing" a link off this site whether or not it is visible will depend on where the post/blog/whatever was originally located. For example, if I posted something in My Voice and you decided to share it somewhere, people could only read it if they were also members of the board and logged in to Pandy's. If I posted in a public forum like Wonderful Threads and you decided to share that post on an external site like Facebook, it would be visible to people who clicked on your link - however, it would also be visible to anybody who chose to access the Pandy's site anyway, member or non-member, as it is a public forum to begin with.

If you are concerned about this, continue to ensure you post in the forums available only to members of the board - you can tell a forum is public and therefore accessible to anybody coming to this site because the forum has "Public" written before it's title. In the board guidelines it is outlined that "You may not access, read, copy, or otherwise reproduce, transmit, or communicate any portion of Pandora's Aquarium for other purposes other than peer support" - we request that members do not share the content of this site with other people outside the board.

I hope that helps!
Kate

Thank You! It certainly did help.

I feel a bit silly being concerned like that as most of us are posting anonymously anyhow, it's just that I want to share my recovery with who I want to share it with and not necessarily the whole rest of the world.

Thanks again!

;)

#5 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

It's not silly at all - I think even as anonymous as we may choose to make ourselves, knowing we can talk confidentially here is very important. Many of us, possibly even you, spent years covering the past up and you need to be able to feel safe and secure when you decide to begin working through it all.

#6 PfatPfrog

PfatPfrog
  • Inactive Member

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:34 AM

It's not silly at all - I think even as anonymous as we may choose to make ourselves, knowing we can talk confidentially here is very important. Many of us, possibly even you, spent years covering the past up and you need to be able to feel safe and secure when you decide to begin working through it all.

Thank you.

I appreciate your support on that matter.

Pfat!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.