Photo

Kindle Book Share

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 halo

halo
  • Survivor

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

I have a Kindle and I'm sure I'm not the only member that does. Kindlr introduced a few months ago where users can share Kindle books with other users. I have many Kindle books, including several that I found useful in healing.

I was wondering if there was any way that we could do a Kindle book share here?

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

Hi Halo,

Thank you for your suggestion - it sounds very interesting! We're discussing it and will get back to you :)

Kate

#3 Katy

Katy
  • Life is understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.

• Contributing Member

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

Hi Halo,

Would you be able to let us know a little bit more about what is involved with sharing books. For example, do you need to have specific software? And how exactly do you share the books between Kindle users. If this was feasible it would be potentially a great idea but we need to know a little bit more about what would be involved. Can you explain?

Katy x

#4 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

that's a cool idea. aunt has one and my mom and I are looking into one for me.

#5 loveinflames

loveinflames
  • In Transit

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

I am looking into getting an ereader too :)

One thing I know is that the Kindle can read AZW files, while other readers can not. Most other readers can reader EPUB files, while the Kindle does not. I think most readers can read TXT and PDF files now.

I have no idea how kindlr works. I know that public libraries have been lending ebooks for a while now, and I don't think you need to have the software to read the book, but I have no idea how the loaning process works.

Oh, and also, this is an awesome idea! :thumbsup:

#6 halo

halo
  • Survivor

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

I'm sorry I forgot about this thread. In order to share books on Kindle, all someone needs in a Kindle.

Amazon has a very detailed overview:
http://www.amazon.co...odeId=200549320

#7 Susan

Susan

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Hi Halo,

Thanks for providing more information on the Kindle Book Share. This is an exciting way to share ebooks especially since there's no requirement of owning a Kindle. Unfortunately we are unable to participate in this program because it involves sharing personal information like a members real name and email address. We hope you'll enjoy sharing books with family and friends! :)

Take care,
Susan

#8 halo

halo
  • Survivor

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Ok, I understand.

#9 DreamOn

DreamOn
  • Super Grover!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

halo, can you share the names of the titles you found helpful in your healing? Im looking for some to put into my kindle

#10 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine
  • My Personal coat of Arms

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

I am glad to see you came here Dream on.
:hug: from 1249

#11 halo

halo
  • Survivor

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

Ok, I understand.

Here are some availible on Kindle:
Because I Remember Terror Father, Because I Remember You
The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms
Not Dead and Not for Sale

#12 astralvigilante

astralvigilante
  • Doer of the impossible.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I just got a Kindle recently, so book recommendations are definitely a good idea even if we can't share with other Pandy's members.

#13 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

cool. Thanks for the title reccomendations halo. :) I'm going to see about getting the ptsd book, 'cause it sounds useful to me. :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.