Photo

is there a way for people to find what you post on here?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alexi239

alexi239

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:51 AM

Is there a way for someone who could be a stalker or stalker-ish or very possessive to find what i post on here? I mean,if i never mentioned this site. Like,is there a way for them to track it somehow? if they're advanced enough on wanting to check up on you.I've just got this weird feeling about something and cant figure it out. help would be great.

#2 starq

starq
  • jellytot

• Contributing Member

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

hey alexi, i dont think they would be able to see what you post unless they have your password or email account details, if you are worried they have these you can change them. Also clear your cookies is it? So they cnt see what sites you have been too. Am nt sure if that helps mate. If you are really concerned that they have any info they shouldnt i would think about contact the police, your safety is important x x x

Edited by starq, 18 September 2011 - 05:44 AM.

#3 alexi239

alexi239

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:19 AM

No,they don't have any of that. Plus,i signed up with an anonymous email address. I just wonder if you sign up for those certain sites like intellius or whatever,you can buy people's info and idk what it shows when you do that. It's easier than ever for one's privacy to be invaded. I'm not worried to a scary extent,though.He has just always been weird,and ever since the last time he said he drove by my house,he's been weird distant.Thanks for the support. Sometimes,i feel like i probably sound very narcisstic or crazy paranoid,but i've dealt with this before on a real level and just don't want anyone crossing a line. Personally,i find driving by myhouse crossing a line. It doesn't make me comfortable. Especially,since he doesn't live in my neighborhood. If he did,that'd make sense.But,he's at least 20 minutes away depedning on traffic.

#4 Charleigh

Charleigh
  • Chat mod

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

The only way to for anyone to see what you have posted is for them to be logged in with the only exception of posting in the public forums.

#5 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hi Alexi,

Lou has some tips for safe computer use on her site, Aphrodite Wounded, that you might find helpful. Of course, these are for people who risk having to share a computer with an abuser, so they might not all apply to you. I don't think you sound crazy or paranoid at all, you have very valid reasons for having these worries. We have some articles about stalking here- you might find the content and the links to other organisations supporting victims of stalking helpful.

Take care,
Kate

#6 alexi239

alexi239

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

Thank you. I will check out the sites. I've done a lot of research on stalking after having to deal with it from someone else who definitely WAS stalking me. So,it's made me a little paranoid. I just know this guy knows about google,buying info off those sites,and about tracking phones. Idk if that means he'd do it,but he's aware of it. I don't share a computer with him,though and he's never touched my computer or my phone.I knwo he has stalker-ish tendencies though that he likes to play down.He used to show them more in he beginning but when i would tell him how weird or creepy he was being,the less it showed to where now,he doesn't really show it,or at least i'm not noticing it.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.