Photo

SU related posts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:02 AM

I read the SU Guidelines but that post didn't say anything about this which is why I'm asking here.

So exactly how much detail are we allowed to give in SU posts? As in, if we survive an attempt what should go in that post? Or we not allowed? And by 'details' I mean how it happened.

#2 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine
  • My Personal coat of Arms

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:06 AM

PM a moderator l suggest and ask your specific question to someone that would know.

#3 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

PM a moderator l suggest and ask your specific question to someone that would know.

ok thanks.

#4 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:46 AM

Did you get a response lilyvanilla?
Sometimes with questions like you are asking here you may as well go straight to the source of people that keep the site running smoothly.
If they don't know they can find out quickly.
My bet is that they have answered this or very similar before.
They know how important it is to have questions answered and safely ..
:hug:

#5 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

Did you get a response lilyvanilla?
Sometimes with questions like you are asking here you may as well go straight to the source of people that keep the site running smoothly.
If they don't know they can find out quickly.
My bet is that they have answered this or very similar before.
They know how important it is to have questions answered and safely ..
:hug:

wasn't sure where to ask, so.

#6 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

Public forum notice
Please note that this is a public forum open to guests. Your username, the content of your posts, and your homepage (if applicable) will be viewable by non-registered guests. Your signature, profile, and contact info (including email and messenger screennames) will be viewable ONLY by registered members. If you want to contact a moderator privately, click here for information.

You could well be in the right place .... but why not contact a moderator

If you want to contact a moderator privately, click here for information.

#7 Charleigh

Charleigh
  • Contributing Member

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

Contacting the Mods is a great idea for an answer. You could also ask in the Help Desk which is also private and only the mods will see it.

#8 Anath

Anath
  • Dragonrider

• Contributing Member

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hi lilyvanilla,

I really hope that you can reach out for support in real-life right now if this is something that you're struggling with. You deserve to have support.

So exactly how much detail are we allowed to give in SU posts? As in, if we survive an attempt what should go in that post? Or we not allowed? And by 'details' I mean how it happened.

When talking about SU here, the focus should be on healing rather than on details. So while it is ok to talk about how you feel, and ok to state that you've survived an attempt, it wouldn't be appropriate to post graphic details or methods in this context. Those kinds of descriptions do not foster healing and can be detrimental to other members of the community, and are better handled in the context of a therapy session.

I hope that helps to answer your question - if you have any further questions, please do let us know.

Stay safe, and take gentle care,

Anath

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.