Drop Down Box issues...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EmptyInside

EmptyInside
  • Moving On

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hey all...

Am having a few issues now with the top right hand drop down box that lets you see how many new PMs or notifications you have.

I click the drop down arrow but it wont let me select anything, i can Right Click ---> Open and get into it that way so i can check PMs etc but the number wont go away, its effectively not letting me open my PM box nor recognising it when i have opened new messages.

Just means i keep thinking im really popular and have loads of new PMs but i dont :P

Its really winding me up now, i've checked all my internet settings and this is the third time? its happened, no idea what i did to restore it last time, i just sorted itself but now its been 4 days or so.

Any ideas?

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

Hi EmptyInside,

Something similar happens to me from time to time. When I click on the drop-down arrow, the list appears and I can right-click and open all notifications in a new tab - or I can choose to open them one at a time by left clicking on them. Sometimes, the number will then go away, other times it doesn't. I've found that if I click on the drop down box and select "View all notifications" it takes me to another page where all notifications are listed, and the number then goes away.

Does that relate to what you are experiencing?

#3 EmptyInside

EmptyInside
  • Moving On

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

:thumbsup: Aparently so!!

Thank you lol, glad its not just me, little things like that really REALLY bug me! :P

Cheers

Gem

#4 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

You're not the only one! :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.