Photo

How come my picture won't change?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ~Rosie~

~Rosie~
  • Contributing Member

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

My profile picture and my avatar picture were both set to be the same photo. Then earlier today, I changed them both each to a different photo. The little picture up the top right-hand corner of the screen where you have that drop down menu - that's changed to the new photo - but the photo appearing with my posts and the photo on my profile hasn't changed. Posted Image

I tried logging out, shutting down my browser, and logging back in again, and also the passage of a period of hours. However, neither of these age-old techniques for fixing board gremlins has worked. Posted Image

Any thoughts?

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

This happens to me all the time - I find it helps to clear my cookies/cache, but even then it sometimes takes a little while. Even though when I go to my profile to view the file itself I've attached as my new profile/avatar pic, the file is correct but often the image being displayed hasn't refreshed! Try clearing your cookies/cache history and try again. Another way to check if it is working right but just hasn't updated in your browser is to view the page using a different browser all together.

When I look at your pics, I see one of you with your grad cap on (the pic you've had for a while) and another with a pretty red bob!

Good luck!

#3 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine
  • My Personal coat of Arms

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

:thumbsup: The picture on longer had the grad hat on ... :yay:
:hi5: Must of worked now. :yahoo:
It has happened to me too.

#4 ~Rosie~

~Rosie~
  • Contributing Member

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

WOOP! I did the cookies clearing thing (and very proud I am too that I worked out how to do that :D) and I'm seeing the right one now :)

I now have a third option in my repertoire for fixing board gremlins Posted Image

Thanks guys :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.