Photo

Spoiler-type feature for the topic previews

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BruisedSpirit

BruisedSpirit

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hi,

I just noticed something and I wonder if it is a setting somewhere in the board software or if it's something that we all have to live with.

I started a new topic and within the post I used the [spoiler] tags to hid some of the triggering content.

I notice, however, that when I go into the forum with the topics listed and I hover the mouse over the topic title, the content that I had hidden with the [spoiler] tags is visible in the topic preview that pops up.

Is there any way to make the spoiler hide the appropriate content, not only inside the topic, but also in the topic preview as well?

It seems to defeat the purpose of using the [spoiler] tags if the content can bee seen in the preview and might trigger someone unexpectedly.

Is this something that can be looked into?

Thanks!

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

Hi BruisedSpirit,

It's a feature from the latest upgrade which it doesn't seem we are able to do anything about. Thanks for letting us know - we can always mark it down for something to look into changing in the future if we are able to! In the meantime, I'd suggest you avoid reading through a post using the pop-up preview if you are concerned about triggers, and open the post fully instead so you get the spoiler warning - sorry we can't help out more!

Take care,
Kate

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.