Photo

'*t*' for photos?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:32 AM

I'm not sure if this has been asked.

But how do I add trigger warnings to uploaded photos? None of my photos are very triggering, but depends on the person.

Thanks

#2 Anath

Anath
  • Dragonrider

• Contributing Member

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hi lilyvanilla,

Do you mean photos that you've added to a thread or blog? Or photos added to the gallery?

Anath

#3 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

I meant the gallery.

#4 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

Hi Lilyvanilla,

We've had a look at this, it seems there isn't a way to add a trigger warning to an individual photo in the gallery - it is possible to create an Album with a trigger warning in it's title/description, but not all members will notice it. Generally, we just ask that you take care not to put anything more obviously triggering or graphic in the gallery. If you are unsure if a picture is okay, it's okay to send it to a board mod first so they can let you know if it's okay! :)

Take gentle care,
Kate

#5 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

Hi,

Ok thank you. Yes and I generally won't/don't/haven't, but diffferent things trigger people even if it's something small. Which is why I asked.

#6 ~Tara~

~Tara~
  • Be the change you want to see..

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

You could post in Survivor Creativity and add a trigger warning to each photo if you felt it needed it :)

#7 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

oh, thank you.

On that note. apparently you - well, I - can't copy and paste photos in your posts. I know that you have to paste it from a link. But like, do you open the photo up in a blank internet site and then post that link? [and by 'link' I mean URL]. Is that how it works?

#8 Kate

Kate

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:43 AM

Hi Lily,

Go to a site like photobucket.com where you can upload your photos to a site for free - you are then given a url which you can link to on the board :)

#9 lilyvanilla

lilyvanilla

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:45 AM

oh ok.

thanks again! :)

#10 MelK

MelK
  • Grrr

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

I was just wondering about this, I'm thinking of posting some art that would definitely need a trigger warning. I noticed that the Gallery main page seems to automatically display thumbnails of the most recently uploaded images, so that could be a problem too.

I like the idea of keeping the pictures in my profile somehow. Would it work to put images into a blog entry but put a trigger warning in the top part of the entry that will appear in previews on my blog main page? Would we need to make the first image a non-triggering one as well, so the triggering ones wouldn't appear in the preview?

If that's a problem, I'll probably post them in Survivor Creativity with a trigger warning and link to the thread from my profile.

Thanks,

Mel

#11 Kate

Kate

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:18 AM

Hey Mel,

If you make a blog entry and put in a whole lot of empty space at the beginning of it, it will (from memory, been a while since I blogged!) show up in the preview as just blank space - you could put the pictures down at the bottom of the entry :)

Let us know if that doesn't work!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.