Photo

Another question...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Riverbird

Riverbird
  • Champion of Awesome!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Is there a way to set it so that it automatically lets me know if someone has replied to something i've posted?

I've posted to some different stuff that has caught my eye in different folders but I forget to check the little box to watch it and then can't seem to find my way back. Also the ones that i'm watching only seem to send me the emails sometimes...i guess if i'm here it doesn't email me? I think I've been leaving myself signed in here or something so I have only received a couple. Anyway...is there a way to set it so that it will automatically let me know every time so I know I'm not missing stuff?

Thanks!

#2 Sugar

Sugar
  • "What big eyes you have!" Little Red Ridding Hood

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

look twoards the top right corner of the screan, there is a watch topic button, click on that and it should give u several options on how to be notified, u can do this even if u don't post

#3 Susan

Susan

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

Hi Riverbird,

Sug's got it down pat! :) Just follow those instructions and you'll be all set!

#4 Riverbird

Riverbird
  • Champion of Awesome!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

Thanks I know how to do that....I'm just wondering if there's a way to set it so that it will automatically have me watch it for the ones I post on...in case I forget to do that when I post. Most forums I've been to have that set automatically so just wondering if it's like that here.

#5 Susan

Susan

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hey RiverBird,

I'm sorry, but I don't believe there is any other way to be automatically notified other than to set which ever notifications you require by utilizing the watch forum tab.

Take care,
Susan

#6 Melinda

Melinda
  • from LittleGirlLost to a woman found

• Contributing Member

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

If you click on the drop-down arrow on the upper-right of the screen next to your username, then select "My Settings" and then "Notification Options", under "Notification Preferences" there's a box you can check for "Watch every topic I reply to".

With regard to the notifications, I believe it will only notify you once per topic that someone has replied until you log on again. So, for instance, you could receive 5 replies to the same topic between the time you post and when you log on again, but you will only be notified of the first one, and not of all 5. I'm not sure if that is what's been happening with your notifications. I believe the notification digests work differently and give you all of the replies and not just the first one, although that will be either daily or weekly and not an immediate notification - you might want to try and see which one can provide you with the notifications that suit you best. Here's the run-down of the different options, since the descriptions don't show up under the User CP.

No Notification: This option will not send out any notifications, but will retain the topic in your subscriptions panel.
Delayed Notification: This option will send out a notification if a reply has been made and you're not active on the board.
Immediate Notification: This option will send out a notification immediately after a reply has been made, regardless of your activity.
Daily Digest: This option will send out a daily digest showing all new replies for the day
Weekly Digest: This option will send out a weekly digest showing all new replies for the week

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.