blogs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Riverbird

Riverbird
  • Champion of Awesome!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Sorry, another question.

I was trying to put a link to my blog in my signature (which I think i've figured out now) and ended up going through the blog link here instead. I put my blog as a link to an outside site since I already have a blog going, but can someone explain this to me? Is there a reason to have a blog specific to this site? Sorry, just trying to figure out what all of this means and how it works.

#2 Ash

Ash
  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

• Contributing Member

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hey Riverbird,

Welcome to the board :)

I think people use the blogs here for different reasons. A lot of people use them to talk about survivor-related issues, so they prefer to post things on a private site that is only accessible to other survivors. It can also be a way to connect with other members here and to meet new people. But if you already have your own blog elsewhere, there's no need to create one here!

Ash

#3 Susan

Susan

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hi Riverbird,

No apologies needed! That's what this forum is here for! If you have a more private question or concern you can post that in the Help Desk and only board mods and you will see the response.

As for your question on the reason to have a blog specific to this site...many members use their blogs here to discuss the many ups and downs of healing from sexual abuse in the safety of this site. Whereas other blogs maintained elsewhere can be used for just about any topic. I hope this helps! If you want more information on this please don't hesitate to ask!

Take care,
Susan

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.