Photo

access to all subforums (error)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soul33

Soul33
  • Secondary Survivor

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hi. I registered few days ago as a supporter and saw I had access to all subforums. I didn't even know there was something wrong until I logged in today and saw I had (now properly) restricted access.

#2 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine
  • My Personal coat of Arms

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

I am sure that someone with more knowledge than me will answer but being a Secondary Survivor does not give you access to all the areas of this site.
Welcome by the way.
You friend that you are supporting must be very pleased that you have gone out of your way to get support for yourself as you help them though ....

#3 Susan

Susan

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Hi Soul,

No worries! The main goal of this board is to support survivors so secondaries are limited to which forums they can access. These are the area's available to you:

Secondaries can view and participate in the following forums:
Announcements
Introduce yourself
Healing together
public: wonderful threads
public: essays & articles
public: resources
research and activism
current events
fun
entertainment (Movie/TV and Etc. subforums only)
public: rules, guidelines, and terms of service
board basics and tutorials
public: questions, suggestions, concerns

Take care,
Susan

#4 Guest_soul33a_*

Guest_soul33a_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Thanks, you are very kind :)

But you missed the point. Now I created another account - also as a supporter - and after my account was approved, now I can see 37 forums.

So, obviously, there's some work to do for administrators.

#5 Katy

Katy
  • Life is understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.

• Contributing Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

Unfortunately our software does not allow us to put all secondaries into a restricted account as soon as they join - and this means that we have to do this manually. Obviously, we are unable to be on every second of every day and so we can only update the lists periodically - and so then secondaries will be put in the restricted secondary group. This CANNOT be done automatically, but the list is usually updated several times a day and so usually everyone will be in the correct group quickly.

A reminder that as per the terms and conditions, you are only permitted to have one account at Pandys.

I hope this explains it for you.

#6 soul33a

soul33a
  • Secondary Survivor

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

OK, now everything is clear. I just thought something was wrong :)

I'm not going to use any other account, you may delete this one. thanks

Edited by soul33a, 02 May 2011 - 12:53 PM.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.