Acronyms used in forums

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AricB

AricB
  • Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hello,

i've been reading the forums for some time now and i keep coming across acronyms people are using and i'm nto sure what some are or if my guess is correct. Anyone know the answers please reply.

J.O.Y. Group ... What does J.O.Y. stand for?
SA ... i assume Sexual Abuse
CSA ... what is this?
T ... i assume Therapist.

#2 Untangling-It-All

Untangling-It-All

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

J.O.Y. stands for Just Older Youth - it's for the "older" survivors. If you go to that forum there is a pinned post that explains what "older" is.
CSA is chidlhood sexual abuse
You got the other ones right.

#3 Charleigh

Charleigh
  • Chat mod

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

I just want to point out that T/t can also stand for trigger. It's usually easy to figure out from the context which one it is :)

#4 Sam_Guy

Sam_Guy
  • Mike

• Contributing Member

Member Away

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:56 AM

Hi AricB,

You'll find most of them listed here: Acronym Tutorial

Hope that helps,
Mike

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.