Photo

New book available for survivors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sister

sister
  • Contributing Member

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

"Curiosity Killed the Caterpillar" is a fictional story that does not use a "workbook" type approach to healing. It includes over 100 self soothing and grounding techniques that can be helpful for anyone who experiences difficulty with emotional regulation. The book includes space for journalling in the back so readers can add things that they find helpful too.

This is an excellent tool for those who become triggered easily by "real words", because it uses metaphors from nature that anyone can relate to, and does not directly refer to CSA or incest within the context of the story. Rather, teaches the reader how to interpret his/her own internal cues and begin to implement self soothing techniques.

I experienced this book as being directed to the wounded inner child part in myself, and I also think it could be effective for children.

It can be ordered through Amazon.com or http://www.createspace.com/3464620

I hope you find this helpful too,
Much Love,
Sister

#2 LittleBee

LittleBee

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

"Curiosity Killed the Caterpillar" is a fictional story that does not use a "workbook" type approach to healing. It includes over 100 self soothing and grounding techniques that can be helpful for anyone who experiences difficulty with emotional regulation. The book includes space for journalling in the back so readers can add things that they find helpful too.

This is an excellent tool for those who become triggered easily by "real words", because it uses metaphors from nature that anyone can relate to, and does not directly refer to CSA or incest within the context of the story. Rather, teaches the reader how to interpret his/her own internal cues and begin to implement self soothing techniques.

I experienced this book as being directed to the wounded inner child part in myself, and I also think it could be effective for children.

It can be ordered through Amazon.com or https://www.createspace.com/3464620

I hope you find this helpful too,
Much Love,
Sister

Thank you so much. Will check it out :)

#3 loveinflames

loveinflames
  • In Transit

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

this sounds really cool and helpful, thank you so much for sharing it :)

#4 lucy

lucy
  • Taking my mask off and trying to like who I see in the mirror

• Section Moderator

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

Thank you for sharing this I am definately going to check it out

Lucy

#5 wilson

wilson

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

it sounds interesting, might have to get it... is it in the pandy's libery to borrow?

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.