Pandy's journals

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mtma19

mtma19
  • Amaurotic Butterfly

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the comment and the feed back. I really appreciate it....x :hug:

Edited by mtma19, 07 October 2011 - 01:31 PM.

#2 loveinflames

loveinflames
  • In Transit

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

that's a great idea mtma19

I have a personal (private) blog on another website (tumblr.com) that I write on when I don't want to share publicly yet.

#3 Ash

Ash
  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

• Contributing Member

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

You could always create a second blog that is entirely private to you! You could use it to write your private thoughts or anything you don't want on your public blog. I will point out that board moderators are able to read blog entries that are set to private, but we don't go out of our way to read them unless a problem comes up that we need to address!

Ash

#4 Tracy

Tracy
  • I am Me

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

Also, if you go to manage settings...there is an area called "manage notes". You can type notes to yourself there, and save it. You can come back later, add to it, save it again, etc...I don't know if there is a space limitation or not. Probably the easiest thing would be to do the blog, as Ash said above, though.

(or, Pandy's sells journals you can write in at the Pandy's store!)

#5 mtma19

mtma19
  • Amaurotic Butterfly

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

Thank you all for ur response i will check out the private blog thinga ma jigga lol

#6 MelK

MelK
  • Grrr

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

You could always create a second blog that is entirely private to you! You could use it to write your private thoughts or anything you don't want on your public blog. I will point out that board moderators are able to read blog entries that are set to private, but we don't go out of our way to read them unless a problem comes up that we need to address!

Ash

Could I ask the reason for moderators being able to read private blog entries? If they're not readable by other members, is there ever a reason to look at them? Maybe there's a good reason, I just wanted to ask about it.

#7 Ash

Ash
  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

• Contributing Member

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

Could I ask the reason for moderators being able to read private blog entries? If they're not readable by other members, is there ever a reason to look at them? Maybe there's a good reason, I just wanted to ask about it.

The only reason that I know of is because we have the ability to read and access everything that's on this site. This has to do with the general administrative permissions that we have. It's not a specific permission that we're able to read invisible blog entries, so I don't think there would be a way to remove that!

Since we are ultimately legally responsible for all of the content on this site, we do need to have access to it and to be able to edit/delete it, but we don't regularly read private entries. One instance where we might look at a private blog is if we had serious concerns that a member was suicidal and wanted to look into it further.

I hope that answers your question!

#8 MelK

MelK
  • Grrr

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

It does, and it makes me feel reassured about private blogs.

Thanks, Ash.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.