Photo

Adding friends - etiquette

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JeremyM

JeremyM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

This might sound like a stupid question, but is there a particular etiquette when it comes to adding friends to your profile? I mean do you just go ahead and push the 'add' button or do you ask first.....? I don't want to come across as pushy by just adding, but then don't want to ask in case the answer's no. I hate being rejected!!!

#2 Susan

Susan

Member Away

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi Jeremy,

You're very nice to ask about this! You won't come across as pushy at all. Just push add. :)
You or any other member may remove a "friend" at any time by clicking on the little icon under the username.

Take care,
Susan

#3 MelK

MelK
  • Grrr

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

To add to what Susan said, I think people can choose a setting not to have friends automatically added if they don't want that. Instead, they can see who's asking and then accept or not, like Facebook.

I don't think many people use the setting, and I think it's unlikely anyone would decline your request, Jeremy, but if they did I'm sure it would be for reasons that meant they would decline lots of requests rather than anything personal to you!

I really like it if someone adds me as a friend, I think most people would be pleased. I think go ahead and add, you might make someone's day.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.