Photo

Subforum suggestions.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 astralvigilante

astralvigilante
  • Doer of the impossible.

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

I use the subforums a lot and I was thinking of a couple of ideas for them.

I would really like to see a "types of sexual assault" thread for "sexual assault while your abuser is on her period." There is already one for sexual assault when the survivor is on her period, but I have heard from both male and female survivors that sometimes rape while an abuser is on her period can be particularly difficult to deal with as well.

It might also be interesting to have a thread about entering an abusive relationship to escape another abusive relationship. I have known lots of survivors who will, for example, date someone who turns out abusive to escape an abusive parent and essentially be "choosing" one abuser to escape another one.

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Member Away

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hi Astralvigilante,

I've added a new thread for those whose perpetrator was on her period, I can understand how that would be a terribly traumatising thing to deal with. You can find it: here.

Do you think this thread: http://pandys.org/fo...pic=147394&st=0 would be suitable for your second suggestion? We try to make sure that the Types threads are not too specific in case it means that members post in there and get very few replies, and leave feeling more alone than ever. If not, I wonder if that topic would be better suited to the Relationship Violence forum (not just for intimate relationships, but for those going from an abusive family to an abusive friendship or romantic relationship and so on). In the RV forum, the discussion could then be more about exploring the reasons why those survivors "chose" that path and how to learn things like self-value, esteem, confidence, and boundaries.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.