Photo

Becoming a Contributing Member

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cailinrua

cailinrua
  • Life is a journey..... not a destination.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

I've no idea where this thread should go so Mods please move if its not in the right place!

I have just become a contributing member here. I genuinely did not know that this option was possible until tonight :blush:

I have been a member here for nearly 2 years and I never knew what being contributing member meant... yes an oversight on my behalf but I always (wrongly!) assumed that they were members who made very helpful posts or were very active on the board.... only tonight did I notice the 'Add Contributing Member' option on the drop down member under my username.... and when I clicked on it to see what it meant, I was embarrassed to see what I could have done to help Pandy's sooner than this :blush:

Pandy's has played such a major role in my healing journey. Before I came here I felt so alone, so isolated, so different from my friends, and that there was no one in real life that I could turn to who would understand. I felt like I was on this journey alone and felt overwhelmed with the range of emotions that go hand in hand with being a survivor of CSA and SA. I came here and I found friends. People who care. People who 'get it'. I found a place where I can be me, where I feel safe. A place where I feel like I wont be judged or ridiculed no matter how I am feeling.

I don't know where I would be without Pandy's. If donating here means missing out on something less important, then I am only too happy to do so and glad that I am in a place where that is my choice.

I understand that not everyone is in a place where this is an option for them, but I wanted to highlight this option, just in case there are others on the board who are unaware of this option like I was.

Last week I was borrowing money for T.... this week I am contributing to Pandys and it feels :)

Edited by cailinrua, 16 March 2011 - 07:51 PM.

#2 Susan

Susan

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

Hi Caroline,

Thanks so much for your donation! I'm very happy you've found Pandy's to be a help on your journey! I think many of us can relate to feeling alone and isolated as we struggle to heal. This is certainly a place where people get it! Every donation helps keep us up and running!

Take care,
Susan

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:35 AM

Caroline,

Thank you so much for your generosity :holdhands:

I'm really glad you found this place too!

Kate

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.