healing quotes

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 Laney

Laney
  • I'll find strength in pain

• Inactive Member

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

I've been compiling a list of quotes, have a few good ones....

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be
strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the
heart." Helen Keller

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over. " F. Scott Fitzgerald (this is one of my all time favorites, kind of a pick me up when life gets me down)

"Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean. " Maya Angelou

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and
kick ass." Maya Angelou

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness." Maya Angelou

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." Maya Angelou

"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." Robert Frost

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself." Eleanor Roosevelt

"It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness" Eleanor Roosevelt

Laney xxoo

#47 MatthewJ123

MatthewJ123
  • Child of the Light

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

art is not a mirror held up to reality but a hammer with which to shape it. Brecht i think although there's some conjecture.

#48 Laney

Laney
  • I'll find strength in pain

• Inactive Member

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength" August Wilson

"Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing."

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman" Anais Nin

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" Mahatma Gandhi

"For an impenetrable shield, stand inside yourself" Henry David Thoreau

#49 jackdavis

jackdavis
  • Secondary Survivor

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

I am brand new to this forum.  I came here to find how to best help someone I love very much with the hurt she is living with right now.  I am also looking for help for myself.  I have never in my whole life been so deeply impacted by another person's pain and sometimes it feels like more than I can bear.  If someone can direct me to any especially good resources for those who love survivors, I would be so grateful.  I also want to offer this quote to all of you because it strikes an arrow in my heart every time I read it.

“It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive. 
It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it. 

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human. 

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy. 

I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence. 
I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”
It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children. 

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back. 
It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away. 
I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.” 

― Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.