Photo

Flood control when using search

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dream_catcher

dream_catcher

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

I was wondering if there was a purpose to the "flood control" message that comes up when you try searching something within 20 seconds of something else. I get a little annoyed sometimes when I am trying to search for something, because if there are not results, I revise the word I put into the search engine. However, I must wait before I can hit "search" again!

Just wondering if it is necessary or not to have "flood control"

Thanks,
Beth

#2 Susan

Susan

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hi Beth,

I've never had this come up during a search. My best guess would be that it's part of our software, so yes it's needed. Sorry for the aggravatiion this is causing you. All I can suggest is waiting longer between searches.

Take care,
Susan

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.