Spellchecker

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Carleen

Carleen
  • Strong enough to bend

• Contributing Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

I just noticed that my posts now have auto spellcheck (red wavy line underneath possibly mis-spelt words) and while I love it I was wondering if individual members have the capability of either turning it off or perhaps setting it to their own country's version of English?

Carleen

#2 Shannon

Shannon
  • be the hero of your story

• Administrator

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

Hey Carleen,

I think that's from your browser, actually, not Pandy's. What browser and version are you using? I'm on Firefox and it has already underlined with that red wavy line on my post ;)

Shannon

#3 Carleen

Carleen
  • Strong enough to bend

• Contributing Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Shannon, I just realised it is my browser. I am also using Firefox. You can delete the question if you want.

Carleen

#4 Shannon

Shannon

• Administrator

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

Someone else might be wondering too! Glad we got it sorted.

#5 hazel_eyes

hazel_eyes
  • ...hoping...

• Inactive Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:37 PM

Yes, you can change the language. Mine is set to "English/US"...

1. Type a word, such as "colour" ("colour" is underlined red for me)

2. Right-click on colour; near the bottom of the menu, you'll see "Languages"....select "Add Dictionaries".

3. A new tab/window will open, simply find your language (e.g., English (Australian)/English (British)/English (Canadian)/English (South African)/English (US) )

4. There are a lot of non-English languages in there as well, Estonian etc.

fyi, hope this helps. (I'm using Firefox as well.)

#6 Carleen

Carleen
  • Strong enough to bend

• Contributing Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

Thanks hazel_eyes. That makes a huge difference for me. I am a bit particular about having Aussie English on my computer.

#7 Shannon

Shannon

• Administrator

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

Oh thanks, I didn't know that hazel_eyes!

And Carleen, nothing strange about wanting "your" language represented on there :)

#8 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

so is the why the word phone company showed up the way it did? My parent's isp runs on (modzillafirefox.)

#9 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hi Blondie,

I'm not too sure what you mean, sorry! Can you explain a little more?

#10 blondie2002

blondie2002
  • I'm Awesome. Section Moderator 4mylife.

• Section Moderator

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:07 AM

I'll try. (I'm not very computer/tech savvy) I've also noticed the red wavy lines when I misspelled a word and the word phonecompany was purple and had 2 lines underneath.

#11 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:00 AM

Ah, I get you! Yep, if you spell it "phonecompany" it will come up with a red line underneath it, letting you know the browser thinks you have incorrectly spelled the word - if you put "phone company" (with a space in between) it should show up with no problems! :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.