accountability buddies/groups

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loveinflames

loveinflames
  • In Transit

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

I'm not sure if it's been brought up before but:

I've always heard good things about having an accountability buddy, for healing of all sorts, and I've always been really interested in having someone who knows my story who I can honestly tell how I am doing, and support them in return. I guess this whole forum is like a huge buddy system, but I would be interested in it, if it was possible?

I'm not sure if that made anysense or was too abstract,
In any cause, I appreciate pandys and the support I have gotten here SO much. Thanks guys :)

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:56 AM

Hi Loveinflames,

Thank you for the suggestion - I'll take it to the other mods so we can talk it over and see if it is feasible for this community.

And I am so glad you have found support here - and I bet other members appreciate the support you've been able to offer them too :)

Take care,
Kate

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Hi again,

We've had a big discussion about this, but we feel at this time it's not something we can provide. We think it's a really nice idea but we worry it could lead to members feeling burdened with other people's healing when they are trying to deal with their own, and for members who struggle with placing boundaries in relationships it could get quite difficult. However, we think a "buddy system" could work between individual members who make a connection with each other and choose to have that kind of system for themselves, so we encourage you to form relationships with other members, and you may find somebody who is willing to have that kind of interaction with you. We think it would be best for members to continue using the board for peer to peer support and then those who choose to can form a more accountable type relationship with each other, informally.

Thanks so much for your suggestion - we really appreciate members coming to us with these ideas :)

Take care,
Kate

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.