Photo

chat welcome

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 aimeeAKAcuggles

aimeeAKAcuggles

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

umm yeah for some reasion ive had this issue for the last week no matter what i try i still am glued into the welcome room unless a mod is there to unstick me really getting annoyed and wondering why the welcome room loves me so much ive tryed everything from clearing cookies ;logging out thern bk in and allsorts anything i can do let me know it drivin me madd

#2 Hales

Hales
  • Walking tall against the rain

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

Hey hun,

Have you tried reinstalling Java? That might work - try it and let us know!

xxx

#3 aimeeAKAcuggles

aimeeAKAcuggles

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

no it didnt work i just duno wat to do lol
i do however think that welcome lobby wants me there hahaha

#4 Snickerdoodle

Snickerdoodle
  • I wish it would rain all the time...

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

This actually happened to me once, though it turned out to be my mouse, it just wasn't clicking properly. I clicked and clicked a million times but for some reason it wasn't registering the clicks. I ended up just logging out for the day that time. Then I realized what it was when I tried to double-click on something else and that didn't register either. So depending on how old your mouse is there's a possibility, I have to be sure my finger is in just the right spot for my double click to work, or sometimes I just use the mouse buttons on my laptop.

#5 aimeeAKAcuggles

aimeeAKAcuggles

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

i on;ly use my lappy mouse i dont like the other mouse unless it on a desktop

#6 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:06 AM

Hi Cuggles,

I'm not too sure what the problem could be - have you previously been able to use the chat room with no issues? We haven't made any changes to the chat software, so if this is something that has only just started then it is likely to be something to do with your computer and software. Have you checked through the Technical FAQ and If chat is not working, read this threads for other members who may have had a similar problem in the past, and resolved it?

What browser and version are you using to access the internet? And what version of Java do you have installed? If you have updated your software, or if your computer automatically installs updates for you, it could be that you are using a version of your browser that doesn't work well with the chat room.

Take care,
Kate

#7 pinkgurl87

pinkgurl87

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

Why can't I get into the chat. This is frustrating, I'm really struggling right now and could use some support.

#8 Ash

Ash
  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

• Contributing Member

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hi pinkgurl,

Have you already requested access to the chat room? Everyone needs to request access from a chatterator or board moderator. You can find more about the kind of information we need here: http://pandys.org/fo...howtopic=140816

Ash

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.