Photo

Give thanks capability

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ThornySilence

ThornySilence

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Would it possible to enable giving thanks to a poster? On my sports forum, we can click a little thumbs up icon in one corner to indicate our appreciation for a particular post. A running tab of the thanks received and given is noted under each poster's name.

Just curious.

#2 Katy

Katy
  • Life is understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.

• Contributing Member

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

I do like that idea Thorny - although I'm not sure that that's something we can do with our current software. I will check it out though with others who are more technologically minded than me! Maybe in the meantime you could just post letting the member know that they'd helped :)

#3 Shannon

Shannon
  • be the hero of your story

• Administrator

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

I love the idea too. We're going to be upgrading board software soon - will you please remind us after that upgrade? I can search for a hack.

#4 ThornySilence

ThornySilence

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

I will certainly remind you of this request again. It is really neat to know someone appreciates your post(s). Not who specifically, but just that someone was touched. I think it would go over well here.

#5 Katy

Katy
  • Life is understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.

• Contributing Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

You might have noticed that we've also just introduced the Member of the Month award so if you feel someone needs special recognition then you could always nominate them for this :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.