Photo

Stupid Question?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 B5Spirit

B5Spirit
  • Eeyore Angel Girl

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

I am so NOT computerized!!!! LOL I have been wanting and trying to post a picture on here and can't seem to get the hang of it. I just don't know how. It's freegin frusterating me. I'm not an artist, but do healing drawing and would like to share some. Does anyone know how to post a drawing from pictures in my documents. This is where I have my pictures. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
B5Spirit

#2 missophelia

missophelia

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

You should be able to start a gallery and do that. If you just click on gallery, and then go into members' gallery, and then click on new album. And then you should be able to upload your pictures. I hope that works for you.

I know the mods here are great, and they can help you if you're still having problems.

Hope that's helpful!! :)

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hi B5Spirit,

To post your picture, it first needs to be uploaded to the internet so you have a URL address to post (e.g. sites like Photobucket will let you upload pictures and then link to them) - if you have a Contributing Membership, you can simply attach pictures to your post directly from your hard-drive (without needing to upload to the internet first, like you would in an email, for example). Once your picture has a URL, follow the steps in this thread - How to Post a Picture. It's not a stupid question at all - please let us know if you are having any problems at all, we're glad to help as much as you need :)

Take good care,
Kate

#4 MelK

MelK
  • Grrr

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Can I just add this from my own troubles when I tried to post (I seem to have some sort of allergy to technology) and several mods came to my rescue?

I didn't do the URL from Photobucket right at first, but Ash helped me by explaining:

The link you are looking for is the one called "direct link". It's the second option down in the box that says "share this" on the left-hand side. If you copy that URL, and then post it in your message using [img ] LINK [/ img] (without the spaces), it should work!

Mods, maybe this could be added to the post that explains how to post an image? It was very helpful to me.

:)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.