Photo

needing information

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danwhit1

danwhit1
  • D@NI

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

I am pretty sure this is not in the right forum but I really need some information about this organization. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the expenses go twords when people donate to this organization. I was also wondering what percentage of the profits were given the staff members. And if i was to give this organization 50 dollars what would it go twords?

Thank you

peace and love
D@NI

#2 Katy

Katy
  • Life is understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.

• Contributing Member

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your question :)

Pandys is a non-profit organization and it relies solely on donations in order to remain operations. We require donations to run and maintain the message board - for example in terms of paying for the domain name, the web host, web design, software and software updates. In addition to this, we fund a sexual assault lending library where our members can loan books related to healing free of charge (including the postage and packaging necessary to send these items). We also sponsor Healing Retreat Weekends where members can join us in activities which are aimed at supporting each other through the healing process. We also run guest speaker chats where we ask for professionals or experts in an area relevant to healing from sexual assault to host a chat - and usually for this there will be a fee and / or expenses.

All staff at Pandys work on a voluntary basis and receive no payment for the work they put in.

I hope this helps! I can assure you that any donations are put to very good use. Is there any particular service that you would like to donate towards?

Katy x

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Member Away

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

Katy beat me to an answer - I'm just going to echo her! Are there any concerns you have, or any further questions you would like to ask?

Take care,
Kate

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.